Did the OCZ DDR Booster kill my motherboard?

Associate
Has the Ocz DDR Booster killed my motherboard?

NF7-s V2 - Bios: D27 Merlin
Tbird 1700 @ 2.35 @ 1.7v
2 x 512 Ozc 3200 @ 205 fsb @ 2.7 (dimm1 & 3)
128meg 6800nu agp
Samsung Sata 200gig HD
(removed) soundcard 7.1

Last night I took out the Ocz Ram and changed the Dimms that they were in due to the fact my Ocz DDR booster arrived. It would not fit in with the current placement so I changed the Ozc from Dimms 1 & 3 to Dimms 2 & 3 and installed the Booster following all the instructions.

Power on and I get the NF7's beep code to say that the DDR is not seated correctly. Checked it all again and still no go, just a long beeeep. Removed 1 stick of 512 in Dimm 2 and no luck with Booster installed. Changed the placement to Dimm1 and Booster in Dimm3 with no result. Finally removed the Booster and power on to no beep but no post!

Have cleared the Cmos and nothing posts. The board powers on and all the fans plus lights come on, gpu fans are on, yet no signal from card to monitor. HDD feels like it is working and ethernet connection shows on the router.

What's wrong? Is the board dead? Could the agp port be dead?
I don’t have another card to test the agp theory out but I am leaning towards thinking the board is RIP

Any help and advice is most welcome…

- this morning I plugged in the DDR Booster and then with it not inserted in a Dimm, powered it up and what do you know, it displays the 2.7 that my Bios set the Ram voltage at. So does this mean the board is working as it reads the volts from the bios?

Associate
OP
As a resolution to this thread I thought that you would like to know that it turns out my 6800 Leadtek is dead and the cause of the problem.

Remembering I had an old 64meg Pci Nvidia card, I plugged it in today and hey presto up comes the display. Just for good measure the DDR Booster works flawlessly upon testing again also.

Unfortunately it also transpires that the 6800 is just 10 days past 1ysr Warrenty also :(

that's life I guess :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I know! :eek: Still what am I to do.

In a weak moment a while ago I sent off a plea to Leadtek Customer Support in the hope they might be kind hearted as it's only 10 days. Fingers crossed.

Otherwise it looks like a sub £50.00 "cheap" Agp to tide me over for the next 3-4 months before I can change to 939 and Pci-e.
Not really worth forking out again as I had hoped this card would have lasted till at least mid year.

If I do get an RMA then you will see the biggest thank you thread in Graphics Cards :p

Back
Top Bottom