Drum n Bass

Permabanned
Well basically I've started to like drum n bass quite a lot, stuff like Pendulum. Can anyone recommend other bands/groups/whatever they are called that I might like?

Caporegime
Have a look at Concord Dawn and Black Sun Empire as well, might be a bit dark for your likes though.

Edit: Mandatory John B option.

Soldato
Baker said:
Well basically I've started to like drum n bass quite a lot, stuff like Pendulum. Can anyone recommend other bands/groups/whatever they are called that I might like?

London Elektricity, High Contrast, Aphrodite, Ed Rush, Moving Fusion, Roni Size, and like he said up there, go for Nightlife 2, it's a corker.

Soldato
perfect beginners dnb: Andy C - Bodyrock

and other stuff like:
High Contrast - Blue Orchid (white stripes remix)
DJ Zinc - Creeper (it's a classic)
Ed Rush and Optical - Bullit
Adam F - Eightball
Roni Size - Strictly Social (NU:Tone Remix)
Roni Size - Dirty Beats
Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag
Shy FX - Feelings
Shy FX - On the Run
Shy FX - Rock the Boat
Sub Focus - Down the Drain
Sub Focus - X Ray
Sub Focus - Ghost
Sub Focus - lost highway
Dj Hype - Ready or Not
Dj Fresh - Temple of Doom
Dj Fresh - Signal
Dillinja - Nasty Ways
Dillinja - Never Believe
Mampi Swift - Play Me
Nightbreed - Pack of Wolves
Pendulum - Blood Sugar
Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelt
Clipz - Slippery Slope

that should do for now

B@Th*nG

Soldato
Get hold of weapons of mass creation two. It was the Cd that got me into Dru and Bass, t's bloody brilliant.

Some good producers on there like, Logistics, Total Science, Concord Dawn, and some others as well, a damn fine compilation album.

Soldato
dark_shadow said:
:eek: :(

Definately add the album, Pendulum - Hold your colours, to the list :cool:
Or:

Definitely add the album Pendulum - Hold Your Colour, to the list.

Or even:

It's not actually that great an album, and neither is Night Life by Andy C. Drum & Bass is best heard live, played over a high quality sound system and mixed by a talented DJ who knows his records inside out. Drum & Bass albums with single tracks on tend to sound lacking when compared to a good live set, so see if you can get recordings of actual events such as One Nation or Slammin Vinyl. DJs to look out for are indeed Andy C (arguably the best of the lot), Hype, Mampi Swift, Pendulum (3 of them), Brockie and Bad Company.

Soldato
B@Th*nG said:
perfect beginners dnb: Andy C - Bodyrock

and other stuff like:

Dj Hype - Ready or Not

B@Th*nG

The remix of Ready or Not that is often incorrectly atributed to DJ Hype is actually by DJ Zinc.

Im talking about the most recognised remix of Ready or not if the poster was on about a different mix, ingore me. :rolleyes:

Associate
I'm pretty sure there's a Hype remix of Ready or Not as well...

I find that the key with Drum & Bass is to follow the labels more than the artists.

Renegade Hardware, Subtitles, Tech Freaks, Offkey all put out great stuff.

My personal favourite producer is Raiden at the moment, coming out with some really great stuff. I've actually just gotten into DJing using my PC and Traktor DJ Studio, so I've been stocking up on the unmixed albums. Strongly recommended by me are

Teebee - The Legacy
Renegade Hardware Anthology Part 1
Calyx - No Turning Back
Tech Freaks - Destruction Ritual

If you want some great mixes for free, go to http://www.dogsonacid.com and download some of theirs. The Teebee mix on there is one of my favourites ever, and the Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Noisia, Calyx ones are all top-notch.

I'm not actually that keen on Pendulum as DJs, seen them live a few times. There are some cracking tunes on the album, though, not least Hold Your Colour, which I THINK is coming out as a single soon.

Back
Top Bottom