Image size alteration

Soldato
Do you need to keep the scaling right? If so, Go to Image | Canvas Size, set the adjustments for pixels, deselect Relative, and set the height to 1050. From there you can crop the image properly so it'll fit in the 1680 width.

If you don't need to keep the scaling, go to Image | Image Size, deselect Constrain Proportions, and set the sizes accordingly.

edit: sorry - had the first part backwards.

edit edit: is that right? No. Even easier - if you need the scaling proper. Create a new image with the proper dimensions. Copy your old image into the new. Select Edit | Transform | Scale, hold down SHIFT and drag a corner until your image fits proper (use the move tool if you want to recenter), press ENTER and you should be golden.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bony Maloney said:
Yes I want to keep the scaling. Once I have altered the image width to 1680, the crop option on the drop down menu list is greyed out. Also how do I know I have my hight exactly at 1050??
You might not have seen this post:

raist said:
edit edit: is that right? No. Even easier - if you need the scaling proper. Create a new image with the proper dimensions. Copy your old image into the new. Select Edit | Transform | Scale, hold down SHIFT and drag a corner until your image fits proper (use the move tool if you want to recenter), press ENTER and you should be golden.

Here's what happened using that method:

Uncropped original size (25% of your size)
post-77-69501-1.jpg

Cropped and resized (25% again)
post-77-69567-2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Should just be able to open the image in CS2, Select | All, CTRL-C, open new document, CTRL-V.

edit: Oh, if it's your background image, Right-click your desktop, Properties, Destop Tab, Browse, the BMP there should be your background. Drag and drop that to your desktop, then open it in PS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom