• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I think I have a driver issue

Associate
I think i have a driver problem with my graphics card (X8500XT ) however I have tried a number of different catalyst versions including the latest issue
plus various mod drivers such as omega.
The problem i have is that every game I try and run just freeze during the opening video sequence and my system then locks up.
I have run just about everything I can think of to see if anything else could be causing the problem but nothing comes up.(ie:pcdocpro & reg mechanic)
My sytem runs fine apart from this and my daughter tells me quite often it
freezes when she uses MSN. Any Ideas Guys?

My Rig is: AMD 64 3500 - Abit NV8 Board - 1GB Corsair pro 2 x 512 matched DDR 400 - Saphire X8500XT Video card - Harddrives 36GB Western Raptor Sata & Maxtor 160GB Sata:- 650W power supply.Running XP Home + SP2

Caporegime
hellboy said:
I think i have a driver problem with my graphics card (X8500XT ) however I have tried a number of different catalyst versions including the latest issue
plus various mod drivers such as omega.
The problem i have is that every game I try and run just freeze during the opening video sequence and my system then locks up.
I have run just about everything I can think of to see if anything else could be causing the problem but nothing comes up.(ie:pcdocpro & reg mechanic)
My sytem runs fine apart from this and my daughter tells me quite often it
freezes when she uses MSN. Any Ideas Guys?

My Rig is: AMD 64 3500 - Abit NV8 Board - 1GB Corsair pro 2 x 512 matched DDR 400 - Saphire X8500XT Video card - Harddrives 36GB Western Raptor Sata & Maxtor 160GB Sata:- 650W power supply.Running XP Home + SP2

I think you have a posting in the right forum issue. Try graphics cards, just up the page.

Permabanned
hellboy said:
Thanks, I started here because Im not certain the graphics drivers are the problem clutching at straws a bit

Well, unless your graphics problems are caused by asylum seekers, the EU or muslims, you're still in the wrong place....

Soldato
Visage said:
Well, unless your graphics problems are caused by asylum seekers, the EU or muslims, you're still in the wrong place....

Such a shame, I wanted the obligatory quip.

You are also welcome to post here if you think that your graphics problems are caused by the 'OcUK mob' of racists, or if you think we are at fault for imagining that there is a problem (with your card) in the first place, or if you just like taking sides for the sake of it...

Soldato
On topic, what he ssid ^^^^ and try running your PC with the case side panel OFF. If it stops crashing it may be a temperature issue. You could also try hoovering out the dust from inside your PC case (+ fans) Better than hoovering is canned compressed air. Blow that around the fans and heatsinks and get ready to cough !! :D

If it is temperature related, try installing additional (or better larger) case fans. Also consider aftermarket GPU coolers from Zalman or Artic Cooling.

HTH

Associate
you got any way of trying a different card in your pc to rule out the card itself or try yours in another system??
The 650w psu, is it gold and made by Q-tec by any chance??

Back
Top Bottom