Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD Recorder Thread (FAO filter2000)

Soldato
Figured this thread could be helpful for people thinking about investing in a Panasonic DVD Recorder or for those who already own one :cool:

So any user tips / questions / links (not to competitors etc please!) or anything else you have.. post away!!

filter2000 (if that is still your name now :eek: :D)... I've added my contact details to my sig now if you want that chat anyime :cool:

Panasonic now have their own 4.7Gb DVD-R available - £4.99 a piece.

If anyone hears of a simple hack to make the DMR-E30 capable of multiregion playback, or if anywhere is advertising a hardware mod - please post! EDIT... now available as multiregion from Multiregion Magic at £79 all inclusive!

Juggler

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
:D nice one - slightly different to filter2000 to say the least :eek:

Feel free to add me to msn any time etc mate :cool:

Decided myself to chop this part of the guide out :)

Juggler

Last edited:
Permabanned
My DMR-E30 is on its way :D

Jus wondering if I got a good deal or not :\

Was £340 + VAT a good price ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
RIOT, that sounds like a bargain :cool:

If you can (competitor wise), post up the link - if not, no worries :)

I see since I bought mine, the prices are dropping slightly already, not really too surprising I guess and it's good to see that the uptake of it must be getting reasonable for the prices to be dropping :)

Happy Recording ;)

Juggler

Soldato
OP
Nice one :D

Bargain price for sure - if they pull their finger out and get it shipped to you sharpish anyways :p

Can get some excellent savings shopping online, the high street store I bought it from charges £499.95 in the shop and it's £399.95 at their online shop :eek:

I paid £420 for mine... lol!! Quite a drop already me thinks - but still worth every penny :cool:

Juggler

Soldato
OP
Multiregion Version now available

For anyone that is interested the Panny E30 Recorder is now available in multiregion flavour for around £429 with a quick search :)

I am in the process of finding out how much a hardware mod to it would be for those who already have the R2 only model (a pick up, mod and send back to customer service).. will post back with details as & when received :cool:

[edit].. Multiregion Magic are charging £79 for pickup, modification and delivery back to customer[/edit]

The R2 model is also still available at around £399

Juggler

Last edited:
Permabanned
Techtronics will do the mod for you for £100 !! :eek:

Personaly I dont think its worth it as I already own a far superior DVD player the SONY DVP NS900

£400 worth of DVD player vs £400 worth of DVD recorder is no contest when it comes to playing a DVD :D

Mine arrived some time ago now and I think its a superb little machine with some brilliant functions..

One little thing I love is that it sets the clock itself and its always right. Particularly useful if you like to keep electrical equipment unplugged when not in use
lol am I easily impressed or what ? :D

And then the big feature of timeslip. Soooooooo damn useful....

Just a shame that techtronics fubared my order and sent me a 4GB disc instead of a 9GB :mad:

BUY YONE

Soldato
OP
Absolutely XBOX... it does seem very pricey (and I guess the other place will be charging a similar price for the mod!) - I already have a reasonable standalone [multiregion] DVD player so the mod on the recorder would just be a luxury if I have some spare cash :)

Juggler :cool:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Originally posted by Juggler

This might be blatantly obvious, but i'm posting it anyway for anyone that is interested... I was surprised at the reasonable quality that I managed to get when I copied my VHS recording of Spielbergs Duel to a DVD-R, well worth transfering from VHS to DVD-R in my opinion!

...Would this not fall foul of copyright law? as you are changing the original media format when you are 'backing up' your film.

Best not to talk about it. Don't want you suspended ;)

Although in this case I assume you talking about an already taped off tv copy? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Reznor
I dont think you can right data that way as the standalone dvd recorders dont include any data writing software like nero.
Nah, didn't think they would but thought I'd check first. I've just been offered a cut price one but I'd rather have a computer based DVD writer otherwise it would have limited use.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Desmo
Sorry to dig up an old thread but...

That's what it's here for!

Originally posted by alle v

...Would this not fall foul of copyright law? as you are changing the original media format when you are 'backing up' your film.

Best not to talk about it. Don't want you suspended ;)

Although in this case I assume you talking about an already taped off tv copy? :confused: [/B]

If you re-read my original post sir, I added a part to it as follows when I originally posted it up...

Originally posted by Juggler
Copying VHS* to DVD-(R or RAM)
*for use to record TV recordings from VHS to DVD and not for copying pre-recorded VHS

In this case, copying TV recordings from VHS to DVD is OK I presume - but then we have all the discussion regarding recording TV broadcasts for long-term storage/personal use infringing copyright... which I presume that's the main reason why blank video tapes and dvd's are sold...

Who knows eh & cheers for your concern.. :)

Juggler

Back
Top Bottom