Quietest LED fans?

Soldato
Hi,

I am going to install an Akasa Evo33 or Evo120 CPU cooler soon and would like to replace the Akasa Amber fan with a blue led version as i have a window in my case. Obviously if the LED fans are a lot louder ill put the amber back in but i have a coolermaster 120mm blue led fan in my case and it seems fair quiet tbh. Ok so which led fan is the quietest?, Ive only used coolermaster rated at 21db and they seem quiet, my mate has an akasa led fan and says its loud plus it has yellow tape round the outside which i dont like.

Thanks in advance

mark

Soldato
yep the blue led akasa is LOUD, i have one its shocking, they say its 29.75 dB(A) but i think they measured it from 4 miles away,

dont waste your money on them.

Associate
I made the mistake of buying a 80mm blue akasa fan, its really loud but i have it connected to a fan controller and i turned it right down, its not doing a lot anyway (just for show)

Off topic:- have you tried the Aerocool GT-1000 HSF? From the stock cooler i had its great!

Room temp 19.c
CPU temp idle 28.c
CPU load temp 45.c (prime95 max cpu heat setting) (hangs around 35.c playing NFS:MW)

This is on a Abit VT7 with a intel celery 2.6ghz o/c to 3.34ghz with a little vcore

Soldato
I had to think about noise as well and wanted a blue led fan that was similar to a akasa amber. My choice was then a "Aerocool Turbine UV Blue 120mm Quad Blue LED Fan"

There great fans. There very quiet and do push a bit of air out the back i think. Havent even put my akasa amber in yet as that fan alone in the back is keeping my antec p160w cool.

Its a good led too lights up very nicely.

I originally was going to get the akasa blue led one but i saw th noise ans thought woah. SO like i say, i got this instead as its only 19dB.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replys ill ahve to check out the Aerocool fan, any views on the coolermaster 80mm LED fans?, ive got the 120mm version and it seems ok.

Im not happy at all with this Akasa Evo33, the fan that came with it goes from 2000rpm to 4000 rpm, this isnt the same amber 80mm fan you can buy seperate is it?. Its pretty loud even on low, a lot louder than the stock HSF. If i put an 80mm coolermaster fan on there the top speed is 2000rpm so i would be able to turn it down to say 1500rpm right?, then when on a game i could notch it up to full (2000rpm).

Mark

Back
Top Bottom