I have just purchased the following...

Shuttle SN25P
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
OCZ PC3200 Platinum 2GB Memory
2 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB
1 x Seagate 7200.9 500GB
BenQ DW1640
XFX 6800GS Extreme XXX Edition

I'm trying to setup a Raid 0 array using the two Raptors, I've enabled Raid & then enabled both of the Raptors in the bios. I've then configured the Raptors in the NVRAID bios as a Raid 0 array with a combined size of 279.47GB the array is also a bootable array. When installing windows I hit F6 and use the windows XP Raid driver from the floppy provided. When windows installation gets to the part where you choose where you want to install, instead of the 279.47GB array being listed I have 2 x 143087MB hdd's listed...

Any help would be very much appreciated cos I ain't gotta clue.

Thanks...

Associate
thefishydidit said:
Hiya Everyone..

I have just purchased the following...

Shuttle SN25P
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
OCZ PC3200 Platinum 2GB Memory
2 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB
1 x Seagate 7200.9 500GB
BenQ DW1640
XFX 6800GS Extreme XXX Edition

I'm trying to setup a Raid 0 array using the two Raptors, I've enabled Raid & then enabled both of the Raptors in the bios. I've then configured the Raptors in the NVRAID bios as a Raid 0 array with a combined size of 279.47GB the array is also a bootable array. When installing windows I hit F6 and use the windows XP Raid driver from the floppy provided. When windows installation gets to the part where you choose where you want to install, instead of the 279.47GB array being listed I have 2 x 143087MB hdd's listed...

Any help would be very much appreciated cos I ain't gotta clue.

Thanks...

That's quite scary.. just had the same thing happen to me on an SN25P as well!!! This time with x2 80GB WD's. Will watch the answers cos I don't have a clue either!

Associate
usualy means you have not installed the correct driver (if you have setup the raid array correctly)
i had this exact problem on another nf4 board, and it was a driver issue.
which driver are you trying to use on the f6 option?

Associate
thefishydidit said:
Hiya Redeye

I solved the problem I was experiencing by creating a Windows XP cd using nlite & including DriverPack MassStorage & DriverPacks BASE from http://driverpacks.net/Projects//DriverPacks/

Hi Matey,
Thanks for the info. Have never used nlite before but will give it a go. All very strange because my disks were running a RAID system fine before some sort of major problem stopped windows booting so thought a re-install was due. Started to re-install and came accross this problem.

MikeOCUK, I'm using the Nvidia RAID drivers for WinXP from the floppy that came with the mobo. Used that driver first time round (b4 windows refused to boot) and all worked fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so one problem solved, another appears. Got the RAID working ok by using the latest RAID drivers. So I started to install windows, computer restarted to go in windows proper for the first time and it halts, and restarts as soon as it tries to load mup.sys. I've looked at loads of forums but there doesn't seem to be a definative answer, could be caused by lots of things. Oh goodie! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom