Call of Juarez ! WOW

Associate
have you got bored with the linear scifi shooters of late? Do you feel like pc gaming is getting stale? Do you wish that there was a game that would allow you to throw whiskey onto someone and set it on fire? the call of juarez is the game for you! oh and by the way its out soon!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/thelawman/index.html

watching the movies im definatly getting this one, it looks amazing. the real time fire, the atmosphere, the free roaming and animal hunting. bounty hunting will never be the same again. Oh and its made by a polish comany no one has ever heard of...the perfect ingredients for a classic.

Soldato
Gamespot is slow as hell. Sounds like Postal2 from the throwing whiskey and setting someone alight although in Postal2 you culd proceed to put out the fire by relieving yourself on the victim. :D

Where's my copy gone? :D

Soldato
the guns he was shooting in that first vid look s abit stupid, and the muzzle flash looked awful. the rest looked good though, excellent graphics and looks like one ill definately be keeping my eye on.

Imagine if it was an MMO like that though, would be pro

Associate
Don't wait for it. There's quite a few other games coming out soon. Elder Scrolls comes to mind. Stalker will just be there one day and it'll be all we will talk about.

Associate
OP
watch the movies, they really showcase the lush detailing and physics. saying its not as good as stalker is unimportant, its out soon and offers something different. stalker might not be out this year.

Associate
nO}{8 said:
watch the movies, they really showcase the lush detailing and physics. saying its not as good as stalker is unimportant, its out soon and offers something different. stalker might not be out this year.

Yes, it certainly looks good, but so does FEAR, HL2, Farcry and I'm trusting Unreal2007 as well. It's all still linear. Go there, do this, you trigger the enemy the enemy comes etc etc. There is no randomness. Stalker will have all that and Oblivion as well. I'm afraid it's going to be your typical run and gun game. After you completed it the first time, that'll be it. They should start making games that have more replay value. Timeshift is another pretty game coming. Check it out.

But hey, at the end if it looks good, I'm getting it!

Associate
IceBus said:
And according to one of the cheapest game preorder sites it's not coming out until October 2006 :(

I know. THQ is holding on to Stalker well into their new financial year. Without trying to sound like a dork. I 've seen some live (i was there) Stalker multiplayer footage on the DX8 version. It's was like nothing I've ever seen. Apart from 2 video's early into DX9 development, we have'nt seen anything yet. Get your orders in boys and girls. It's going to be awesome.

And yes, look out for a worldwide October release.

Soldato
Rainwarning said:
I know. THQ is holding on to Stalker well into their new financial year. Without trying to sound like a dork. I 've seen some live (i was there) Stalker multiplayer footage on the DX8 version. It's was like nothing I've ever seen. Apart from 2 video's early into DX9 development, we have'nt seen anything yet. Get your orders in boys and girls. It's going to be awesome.

And yes, look out for a worldwide October release.
Sounds like you're REALLY looking forward to it - let's hope you're not dissappointed!

Associate
OP
I love it, the first one is 6+ months away and your talking of the sequel! Its totally stupid. The Call of Juarez is out within a month, thats why I started a thread on it so people could discuss the game. This thread has gone way off topic. I too love the look of stalker but there is more than that game coming out this year, get a life.

Back
Top Bottom