My Panny PWD6 & Shuttle PC...

Soldato
Guys,

Using this plasma with a pc, would it be stupid, being the resolution is 852x480???

I've looked around for the spec of this model, and the only website I found with a spec, quoted that?

I have a huge desk, and think it would be great to hook it on the wall infront of my keyboard and utilize it along with my pc & dvd...

I have a shuttle pc, and could stick that to the side, to free up space, so in affect only have a keyboard/mouse and a 42" plasma infront!?

Basically what Im asking, how would it look? Connecting a pc upto my plasma?

Thanks

Soldato
You will still be able to read text etc. My projector is that res, and you can quite easily use the windows desktop if the resolution is set correctly. It just means that everything is big!

Caporegime
Pixilated between text characters, I know this cause I have a PW6 and a MCE pc connected to it, only what to sort this is make the font size bigger, its hard to read web pages etc.

Projector may have the same res as this but since the image is produced different the effect is not noticeable.

Soldato
OP
Anyone able to show me a picture of this res in use? To see what it would look like?

But besides that, dvd watching and tv watching through the plasma would be just like if I connected my sky box to it?

Caporegime
will be better than sky since its using a better input.

I would post a pic but my DSLR just shows all the pixels on the screen its hard to get an accurate picture of exactly how it looks, that combined with the fact i can't be bothered :p

Soldato
OP
:/

Just a thought, i might as well keep this display connect, and have it to the side of the plasma, and use the plas for watching tv etc?

Its figuring how to use my shuttle with sky and my panny dvd with 5.1 speakers....

:confused:

Soldato
I've got a PW6 and shuttle combo as my media setup in the living room and it works really well, the two are connected via DVI which gives a nice crisp picture although not sure how good it would be for a general use desktop. But I suppose if you have the room to run dual screen a PW6 would make a fantastic second screen.

If you want I can take some pics tomorrow of it running, DVD/MP3 usage via the Meedio front end and a some of a standard desktop.

Soldato
OP
I would love that very much mate!!!!!

I think I have come up with a good idea there, because the plasma doesnt get used enough for my liking!!!

Cheers!

Soldato
PAC2006 said:
Its figuring how to use my shuttle with sky and my panny dvd with 5.1 speakers....
I've got mine hooked up as follows.

Shuttle DVI out ---> DVI Terminal card in PW6
Shuttle optical 5.1 ---> A/V AMP ---> 5.1 setup

Sky RGB Scart ---> JS RGB to VGA Box ---> VGA in on PW6
Sky Audio ---> A/V AMP ---> 5.1 setup

I did away with my standalone DVD player as I find I can get a better picture through the shuttle for DVDs. And also have a Gamecube attached that shares the JS link to the PW6.

Sky box is soon to be removed and replaced by my new Humax 9200 Freeview box but the hook up with be the same.

To switch between the two main inputs (TV/Shuttle) I have a macro on the remote that flicks the input on the PW6 and also the selected input on the AV amp.

Soldato
OP
I've only got a scart terminal board, will have to get a dvi order then...

Talking about the 5.1 setup, its built into my SCHT 250? Would I be able to still use it?

The only other thing is my Logitech 2.1 THX, which are very good and very loud...

:confused:

PS> and where are those pictures!!!!! hehe

Caporegime
GSXRMovistar said:
I've got mine hooked up as follows.

Shuttle DVI out ---> DVI Terminal card in PW6
Shuttle optical 5.1 ---> A/V AMP ---> 5.1 setup

Sky RGB Scart ---> JS RGB to VGA Box ---> VGA in on PW6
Sky Audio ---> A/V AMP ---> 5.1 setup

I did away with my standalone DVD player as I find I can get a better picture through the shuttle for DVDs. And also have a Gamecube attached that shares the JS link to the PW6.

Sky box is soon to be removed and replaced by my new Humax 9200 Freeview box but the hook up with be the same.

To switch between the two main inputs (TV/Shuttle) I have a macro on the remote that flicks the input on the PW6 and also the selected input on the AV amp.

Not bad least you have avoided the Scart board, it really does nothing for the screen makes the IQ look rubish, component / VGA / DVI all the way.

Soldato
PAC2006 said:
PS> and where are those pictures!!!!! hehe
Yeah sorry about that, got tied up with work today so didn't get a chance, but will do tomorrow. :)

Firestar_3x said:
Not bad least you have avoided the Scart board, it really does nothing for the screen makes the IQ look rubish, component / VGA / DVI all the way.
When I got the PWD6 it came with a free terminal board and from researching at the time the scart boards weren't highly rated so opted for the DVI. Been impressed by the JS convertor box, passed various sources through it and its always manages to provide a good image for the screen.

Soldato
Finally the pics, sorry about the quality though, wasn't able to take them eariler meaning I had to use the flash which makes them look either washed out or grainy.

HTPC_001.jpg

I'll link the rest:-

Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6

Back
Top Bottom