WoW advice..

Hitman
Permabanned
How did you manage to do anything in engineering without mining? If you're completely new to the game, then I'd suggest going over to the world of warcraft forums, and reading up on different races, classes and professions. http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/
Also, if you have a spare £10 or whatever it costs, then it may be worthwhile purchasing the official game guide and just having a read through. It's not really useful once you know what you're doing (and can just check thottbot.com instead ;)), but it does give quite a bit of unbiased information about each class and some of the areas I believe. It's a good place to start if you don't want to trawl through some of the flaming on the forums.

For a warrior, blacksmithing/mining is probably the best combination as it creates weapons as well as armor. Get first aid too, and cooking may be useful to you as you can't heal. Small tip for cooking - if you wait until you're at an inn, there will always be a fire you can cook over, so you don't need to buy flint and tinder or wood.

Associate
a lot of the professions tend to go hand in hand with another. Normal mixtures are..
Skinning + leather working.
Skinning + Tailoring.
Enchanting + Tailoring.
Mining + Enigeering.
Mining + blacksmithing.
Herbalism + Alchemy.

oh and dont forget to pick up cloth for First aid training.

Associate
Personally I got bored with the crafting professions. Anything worth crafting can be bought on the Auction House.

I prefer to have cold hard cash :D

On my characters I have Skinning and Mining (which I don't use much). Skinning rakes in a lot of cash. A stack of Rugged leather goes for 1g 10 minutes after it's put on the AH.

Mining isn't bad either, but it's often a pain to farm.

Soldato
Crafting is a money sink and best left till you past level 40 with a mount already bought i would say. Get 2 gathering skills, i recommend mining and skinning, sell what you gather in the AH and save your money. Don't waste it on armour / weaps at low level but do make sure you get yourself a full complement of bags.

Vai

Vai

Soldato
Yeah, agree with two gathering skills, check out what is needed for the AQ war effort on your server and try to gather those, can make quite some money as those items are now more expensive on the AH :)

Soldato
Get in a good guild too with people who have maxed out the crafting skills- then you can get all your enchants/tailoring/smithing done for free or just by getting them the mats (rather than paying the "£50g + Mats!!!" fees yelled out at IF.

My guildes pass me blues/greens they dont need, and I enchant their stuff for free.

And because everyone else can craft, your free to take 2 gathering professions (herbalism pays tons) to make even more money or to pass onto guildies.

Back
Top Bottom