Your opinions on Halfords...

Associate
Hello,

As a 1 1/2 year member of staff at Halfords, i find myself serving a lot of people, and often, serving people and letting them down, i.e. we cant help them, or we dont have something etc. I was wondering what the national consensus was on the store?

I find some of the protocol quite enraging (i cant mix a can of paint if im the only guy on the parts desk) but at the end of the day, im using my relatively basic general knowledge of cars to help people who really dont have a clue! As a PC user, i find that stores like ** ***** are incredibly pointless and offer no real service to people who actually need help, and i compare Halfords to the motor industry in a similar way.

Sometimes i dont like the idea that people think im a dead-end retard cos i work there, but due to some people who really dont have a clue, and are dead-end retards, we all get tarnished with the same brush!

Anyway, what do you guys think? Is Halfords a quality car parts and accesories store, or is it a '** *****'?

NO COMPETITORS.

Gilly.

</rant>

Caporegime
Very expensive for car audio, wheels aint cheap either, if your lucky you get to speak with someone who knows about cars but this is rare.

If i'm in a rush for something say some car polish i will use them otherwise i stay clear.

Associate
I’ve never really found the staff that helpful but for getting an odd generic part or car polish its ok. I get discount from the Vauxhall and Ford Main dealers so I go there for anything else and the person on the dealer parts desk is normally quite helpful.

Soldato
Expensive, but it is soo useful to have one nearby. They tend to have more stock than smaller indpendant motor factors which is useful, plus our local one is open until 8 for when you realise you don't have the socket you need and need the car for work in the morning.

Soldato
Alright, usually have somthing you might need like a cloth or somthing. Also dirty cheap bottles of screenwash because I know someone who works at my local one.

Associate
Skii said:
Excellent Acrylic based spray primer, for one ;)

not sure if thats sarcastic or not but yeh, used them for my paint for my wing

was a bit dear (£10/can, 3 cans) but its seems to be good paint, and is a spot on match :)

Soldato
MrMatteh said:
not sure if thats sarcastic or not but yeh, used them for my paint for my wing

was a bit dear (£10/can, 3 cans) but its seems to be good paint, and is a spot on match :)

Nope, not sarcastic, I swear by it ;)

Soldato
Depends what your buying, a lot of stuff is over priced, but some bits are about right, and occasionally things like tools are a bargain.

Associate
It's not bad if you need something and cant wait a couple of days for it to arrive by post if you buy online.
However, i bought a headunit from there for £150. It was the cheapest price around, it was the same price online at places like CAD and CAS.
Halfords had free fitting with the headunit and was pleased with the service i received. I was a little surprised when the car audio installer said he parked my car in the car park for me as well (to get the headunit fitted you have to park your car at the back of Halfords in their 'fitting bay').

Soldato
I don't go there a lot but it's handy to have somewhere that carries quite a bit of stock and stays open late. There have been a few times I've needed some silly part on a Sunday evening when everywhere else is shut and they've come to my rescue.

Caporegime
Nice selection of stuff thats easily available. The tools from the professional range are excellent and its a good place to spend though vouchers.

Never bother talking to the people in there unless I can't find something, just like any shop.

Does the job to be fair

Back
Top Bottom