New Golf GTI....would you?

Associate
If it had to be a car that was not a prestige motor, I'd pick the GTI over anything else. Period. Go and drive one, and think of the residuals - proper proper motor. However, there is no way I would hand £25K over for one, especially when there is M5's available for that money. :)

Caporegime
OP
if i was ever going to buy one it would be second hand. Im not going to im perfectly happy with my car, its just a collegue got a new fiesta zetec today and he said to me when say someone hits your car and basically you need a new one what would you go for?

And it really got me thinking and i think i would end up going for the GTI

Associate
Phate said:
if i was ever going to buy one it would be second hand. Im not going to im perfectly happy with my car, its just a collegue got a new fiesta zetec today and he said to me when say someone hits your car and basically you need a new one what would you go for?

And it really got me thinking and i think i would end up going for the GTI

Should have told him a 90 spec Valver - would still kill his festa. ;)

Caporegime
OP
Barry Smalley said:
Should have told him a 90 spec Valver - would still kill his festa. ;)

he got a 1.6 in the fiesta and payed 1k for it and to pay it back over 3 years total price 11k its a nice car lol

But still theres something about the GTI its.....mean.....

Caporegime
OP
NickXX said:
What do you want from your 25k?

A car that can pull the ladeeeez ;) but seriously a decent high quality car, with a bit of ummph ive looked at BMW but i think the new style models look munting

NickXX said:
I absolutely love the Mk5 GTI. :)

So do i, i love the R32 but i think the GTI will be enough i cant imagine how much petrol i would be putting in the 3.2 engine with the R32 lol

Soldato
Phate said:
A car that can pull the ladeeeez ;) but seriously a decent high quality car, with a bit of ummph ive looked at BMW but i think the new style models look munting
Then either get a used 330d or 530d or if you prefer new look at the A3 2.0T

To answer the OP's question, no I wouldn't. The GTI is no doubt an excellent drivers car but the quality just isn't quite there. We've got five Mk5 Golfs at work and although they're good cars which are well screwed together, they're still nowhere near the A3 which doesn't cost that much more. I actually think that, in terms of the interior, the new Focus more than has the measure of the Golf.

Last edited:
Don
Dangerous said:
25k gets you 52/03 E46 M3 :)

as I was telling the BMW salesman on Thursday as he tried to convince me that £29k for a 40k mile 52 plate M3 was the going rate

re the GTi , reasonably nice car but no chance at the current price

nam

nam

Soldato
Phate said:
Or for that kind of money would you spend it on a different car?

yes, (i'm currently after the new shape too). if you look around they are avaliable on 05 and 55 plate for under 18K. Residuals on any Golf are extremely good.

Back
Top Bottom