Is this a scam? I need help ASAP!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I found a car i like but the person who owns it is in greece.

This is the car http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/bmw/3/adelaide/detail.aspx?id=2583727&pg=3&pp=6&d=0&nv=1

I sent an email about it to him and i got a reply(thats how i know hes in greece)

This is what his reply was.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and being interested in my car because i really need to sell it ASAP.
First of all i would like to let you know why i am selling my car so cheap: one mounth ago i moved in Greece because of my job and now i live here with all my familly. The car has the steering wheel on the right side and nobody wants to buy it in Greece because all the cars has the steering wheel on left side here, so i need to sell it to Australia because the car is still registered in Australia and it's verry easy to transfer the registration onto your name, without pay any import taxes or other taxes. Also i need money to buy another car certified in Greece with the steering wheel on left side so i can drive it here, really is not so easy to drive a car with the steering wheel on right side here.

Some words about the car: 1995 BMW 325 Ci with 2.5 litre engine and 113,000 KMs ! always garaged, serviced and oil changed regularly comes with log book and service history, the engine is 2.5 litre, powerful yet very economical especially on the hi-way, run like new.
The price is AU $6000.00 including all the shipping taxes and insurance to Australia, the car will be shipped by AIR and will arrive within 7 days after the downpayment has been made.

Now if you understood me and you are really interested to buy my car, i am waiting your e-mail with your decision and i will provide you with the informations about shipping/payment method.

Best Regards !

What do you think about it? Is it worth the risk and should i ask him if i can pay about 50% off of it then pay the last 50% when the car shows up?

What would u do?

Soldato
Tell him you have a friend in Greece (find a smallish city and name it) and he wants to have a look at the car for you.

If he says yes to that then the car exists! If he makes up an excuse screw him.

(also, if he says yes to your friend going mail him the next day saying your friend can't make it, eblah blah)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
I'd find a car thats a lot less hassle to buy.

I would to normally but these cars arnt easy to find in Australia for $6000. they are usally $8000 or $9000 sometimes even more :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Ask yourself this:

Would you gamble $6k on the following:

Buying something you have never seen?
Buying something that may not even exist?
Buying something that has to be handled and shoved into a plane where it could get damaged?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
chopchop said:
save up for one in the same country imo.

Its not really a matter of saving up. My nanna might give me a lone and ill have to pay her back. So i wouldnt be able to go much over $6000 :o

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
I just looked for more 325s but i found that they range from $13000-18000 :o

Im going to question him a few more times and see what i can get out of him. Something like this doesnt come along every day :o
Its a shame its an Auto tbh :(

Man of Honour
If you can't afford to buy one you're not worried about, buy something else.

I can't afford to buy a Lambo right now. Doesn't mean I'd buy one off some random foreign dude for £5k

Soldato
Gilly said:
If you can't afford to buy one you're not worried about, buy something else.

I can't afford to buy a Lambo right now. Doesn't mean I'd buy one off some random foreign dude for £5k

lol i love it...

so true..

id keep away if i was you dude. or ya could well be paying back 6k and have nothing to show for it.. Then how long ya gonna have to wait to get the bmw? ;)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Just go another reply from him and this one looks interesting, what do u make of it? :)

I replyed to him and asked this......
Thanks for replying.
I just saw your car on the the sales website again but it was advertized for melbourne but for $16000. Are u selling it for $16000 or $6000?
Would it be possible for u to take some pictures of it and post them to me aswell?
Im very interested in this car but the price confused me so i would like u to conferm it.
Would it be possible if i do buy the car to to pay 25-50% first then the rest after the car arives?

Then he replyed to me and said this.

Hello,

As i told you, i am from a short while here in Greece and i am not able to use Escrow because i don't know how it is working here. I have closed some deals through eBay untill now and everything went OK, so i would like to close this deal through eBay so we can be both protected. The price for the car is 6000 aud. The pictures are attached in this e-mail.

I'll explain you how it is working right now:
1. You have to make 50% downpayment to eBay, your money will be kept in hold
2. I'll start the shipping to you after they will confirm me that the downpayment has been made
3. You will recive the car within 7 days, after you will recive it you have 14 days to test/inspect it.
4. After inspection period you have to confirm to eBay if you are satisfied with the car.
5. If you are satisfied with the car and you want to keep it they will give me your money and you will send me the rest of money
6. If you are not satisfied with the car, you will send it back(taxes paid by me) and they will return your money because they will hold your money before you will confirm them your decision.

I hope you understand that this is safest payment method. If you agree with e-mail me your full name and addthat please ress and they will provide you with all the informations you need to make the downpayment.

I am looking to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

What do u think of it now that ive been offerd a 14 day trial and if i dont like the car and he pays for the taxes to return it.
What do u make of all this?
I dont know what to think of it anymore, i was thinking of not getting it but this email is making me look twice, is this a safe or can u find a loop hole in there?

Back
Top Bottom