Rallying?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
first of all how do u get into rallying?
Do u need a licence expecially for it? if so how do u get one?
Ive always been interested in rallying and i want to give it ago. Do u need to be a certain age to compete?

Please add anything else thats is important :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
ScoobyDoo69 said:
I think Lopez used to rally a 205.. and is building a new one to rally?
so when he comes along I'm sure he can help?

Thanks. Now i just have to wait for him to come along :)

If anyone else wishes to add something please do so

Soldato
Hi there
what kind of rallying are you looking to get into? Single venue/forest stage or road rallying (back lanes)? The best way to get involved is to find your nearest motor club (your location?) give them a ring and go along to a meeting. They'll tell you everything you need to know, they won't turn their noses up at you either and will help any way they can. Yes you'll need a license unless you are competing in your clubs local event, then all you need is to be a member, you can get a license via the RAC MSA.

edit... Do you want to drive or navigate? think you can navigate from the age of 16 (Lopez correct me please) but not sure. Both myself and Lopez have done road rally events and we're both building new cars (although mine's better j/k :D). I'm more than happy to help new people into the sport.

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
JBeck said:
Hi there
what kind of rallying are you looking to get into? Single venue/forest stage or road rallying (back lanes)? The best way to get involved is to find your nearest motor club (your location?) give them a ring and go along to a meeting. They'll tell you everything you need to know, they won't turn their noses up at you either and will help any way they can. Yes you'll need a license unless you are competing in your clubs local event, then all you need is to be a member, you can get a license via the RAC MSA.

edit... Do you want to drive or navigate? think you can navigate from the age of 16 (Lopez correct me please) but not sure. Both myself and Lopez have done road rally events and we're both building new cars (although mine's better j/k :D). I'm more than happy to help new people into the sport.

Thanks.
Im Australian. I found the licence for national ralling here. We need to be atleast 16 to drive :)
Ill be looking into doing forest stage and road rallying, both interest my just as much but for some reason i drive better on dirt road dry or wet :)

How much do driving suits and usally sell for and is there any specification on helmets?
Also how hard/costley is it to keep a rally car up and running compared to a road car?

Back
Top Bottom