Can someone here help a numbskull - setting up

Associate
I must be really thick...ive changed my usual draytek adsl router set up...wired for a netgear wpn824 mimo without adsl(i got this given),,,,and a linksys adsl2 modem.

to set the modem up for internet access...we have to use 192.169.1.1 for the admin page forthe isp bit.......fine

now the wpn824 also uses this 192.168.1.1 to access this...now if i plug the modem into the wan port of the netgear it cant find internet access and cant get to the settings to adjust anything in the netgear...

can anyone explain in the simplest terms on how to set this beast up.....i apologise for my lack of understanding.......my brain must be melting

thnx guys

Soldato
ah you have a similar setup to a mate of mine,
all you have to do is disable DHCP on the netgear wpn824
so the linksys adsl2 modem can then dish out the IP address through your network.
i think the linksys will connect to a wan port or the lan port using a network cable to the netgear, give that a go.
i would have changed the IP address to access my mates linksys but it didnt even work it just froze up the router after i tried or it wouldnt change at all :confused:

Associate
OP
i have smashed with a nice hammer to remove the blue leds which i can use for enhancements

the rest is in the skip at my local council depot

Soldato
If you mean the Linksys ADSL2MUE then it would have been fairly useless anyway, if it's running NAT, you can't do port forwarding or anything, but you could have tried PPPoE bridge.

Back
Top Bottom