• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Info needed on Leadtek 7800gt

Associate
I've just put together the rig in my sig (my first home built PC) and it's working a dream. But I think that the graphics card might have more in it.

Does anyone know what the standard max overclock for the Leadtek 7800gt is, and does anyone know if there are any ways to squeeze anything more out of it (additional cooling ect)? It'll get to 485 / 1.06 as it stands but it'll artifact something chronic. At 475 / 1.04 it seems ok.

Thanks very much.

Associate
mines good perfect @ 463 core and 1170 mem. autodetects were 490/1180, but i can run fine with higher speed memory up to 1220 or a higher core 475+ in most games apart from CSS where i get tears and BF2 where i get grass/graphical glitches.
475/1040 is pretty good, its not as much about memory but the core will make quite a difference

Permabanned
i got an extra 10mhz on the core by swapping the leadtek fan for a zalman. The leadtek have a 40mhz booster thing on the core anyway. It adds 40mhz to the core speed when you give it something graphically intensive to do. So when my max is 471/1140 it actually runs in games at 511/1140

Permabanned
Mr Mister said:
i got an extra 10mhz on the core by swapping the leadtek fan for a zalman. The leadtek have a 40mhz booster thing on the core anyway. It adds 40mhz to the core speed when you give it something graphically intensive to do. So when my max is 471/1140 it actually runs in games at 511/1140

Mine has the 40mhz delta aswell so basically my core is doing 545mhz:D

Associate
OP
Thanks guys. I am not quite sure I understand that 40Mhz booster thing, but I do understand that a Zalman should give me a little extra advantage. I've also tinkered a little with the PCI Express clock in the BIOS. I am not entierly sure how it works, but I think that increasing it lowers the overall overclockability but raises the performance per mhz. I managed to push my 3dmark06 up by a hundred at lower core and memory speeds than before (though this was my cards new limit, i couldn't overclock 1mhz more).....but I just get the feeling that this is not good for the card.

Soldato
On my 7800GTX i removed the horrid thermal pads (Core and Mem) and replaced with AS5 and then removed the thin plastic cover and unplugged the fan, i then attached a slim 60mm fan (the one that comes with an A64 Stock HS) and it now idles at 36C and cant be heard at all, doesnt go above 55C under load.
Might be worth thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom