• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help needed sussing out strange score and clock speed 3dmark05

Associate
Right... I decided to download 3dmark05 onto the Mrs comp outta curiosity.
Specs...
P4 3.0Ghz @stock
Geforce 6600LE 'supposedly' @ stock
Gigabyte GA-8I848PM Motherboard
1Gig memory (512+512)

Score : 1575

According to 3dmark05 the card is clocked to 9.7/501.2 :eek:

Surely this cannot be correct :confused:

What OC tools are available for this card so i can see if it really is set at this and hopefully correct it?

Cheers,
Zeph.

Associate
OP
It's my old card that she has in her system, i dont think it ever did that with me on my old celeron system when i used 3dmark. Oh well at least i know her core isn't running at 9Mhz :eek:

Still... its a very very low score.

Zeph.

Soldato
6600LE isnt a very fast card, so the score is about right (maybe a tad low) changing the drivers to performance should give it a few extra points too.

As for the clocks, the core is wrong as it is on many cards. Just a fault in 3dmark. But the memory is right, clocks will often vary by 1 or 2mhz so reading as 501 is fine.

As for making it faster, these cards are supposed to be pretty good clockers, but only do it if you need to not for a better score :p

Associate
OP
Nah i wouldnt bother overclocking it at all, the Missus only plays things like lineage II and Everquest.
It was just out of curiosity that i ran 3dmark05 and got a bit of a shock when i saw the 9Mhz!

Would you say the score above is about normal for her system? For some reason i can only get the site to compare it to itself :confused:

Zeph.

Soldato
Seems about right really, like i said maybe 100-200 points low. But then it is a p4 system which arent the greatest for games applications and it was probably set to quality in the drivers.
The 6600LE is a bit faster than the 6200, when i had one ages ago with a 3ghz p4 (very similar system really) i scored 1400 stock and 2000 overclocked.

Soldato
Zephyrus said:
Would you say the score above is about normal for her system? For some reason i can only get the site to compare it to itself :confused:

Zeph.
Click on "Project Search and Compare" (2nd link from the top, in the left-hand column). Then, select "6600LE" in the "Graphics Chipset" dropdown list and then click on the "Show Me The Projects!" button.
That should give you a list of all 6600LE scores.
Select "P4 3.0Ghz" as the cpu, to see only systems similar to your sister's.

EDIT:
I just tried that search, and only found ONE entry
Clocks listed as: GeForce 6600 LE, 11 MHz / 501 MHz (score: 801)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom