Driving Gloves

Soldato
I need to buy some Sparco/OMP style gloves but I'm not succeeding on 2 fronts.

I can't find any shops which sell them so I can actually try them on.

Also the likes of Demon Tweaks don't seem to offer any discount. I don't buy anything at RRP, ever.

I've got a vague idea of the ones I want, but what do you people have?

Soldato
OP
-Mic- said:
What do you mean you dont buy anything at RRP?
Jesus mate, you cant be that tight fisted.

Of course I buy some things at RRP, like sandwiches or things which only costs a few quid, but almost everything significant I buy is either reduced or the best price I can get.

You don't get rich by giving your money away ;)

Soldato
OP
Coco said:
Driving gloves are a bit 'poofy' but I would love a pair of Lamborghini Racing Gloves... linky.

Not when you drive with the roof off in winter when it is freezing like today.

Not when you do quite a few trackdays.

Not when you use them for Karting regularly too ;)

Soldato
OP
Something like the OMP Pole Position ones

IB717.gif

Associate
Muncher said:
Not when you drive with the roof off in winter when it is freezing like today.
That's when you look 'poofy'.

Track work & karting is quite different! I don't mean any offence by it, which is why I said I'd love a pair of the Lambo's I posted, but fact is, gloves worn in a road-car on the road raises eye-brows. No matter what car.

Soldato
Lambo ones (or similar) would look much better on the road x200%

And if they're good quality and proper leather then should be warmer than the racing ones.

Ones you posted for track karting definately.

If I saw someone driving on the roads with them on though, I'd laugh my *******s off :p

Soldato
TripleT said:
Yuk, bit tacky imo.

Can't see you getting them much cheaper than the likes of Demon Tweeks etc. They're only gloves, not exactly expensive / unique.

I wish £50 was 'not exactly expensive' to me :(

Soldato
djbenjo said:
Why do you drive round with the roof off when its cold?

cokker said:
i double this, why?

Because it's bloody good fun. My roof went on today for the first time in a week and that was only so the Kosovans could wash it. Roof was straight back off afterwards :D

Muncher, I'm currently using a set of thin Ski gloves. Keep my hands toasty warm are thin enough to drive in and only cost me £15 :D

Piccy

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's great fun with the roof off. Even at this time of year it comes off quite a lot.

It's not about what they look like, I don't drive it round at this time of year to pose, if anything I'd be past people before they even noticed who was driving let alone whether I was wearing gloves!

Today was ok, temperatures of about 1 degree, hat on, coat and scarf on, just my hands freezing cold. The heater doesn't really make much difference and at anything more than 20mph is fighting a losing battle.

I need some gloves to keep my hands from freezing, I also need some for karting and if they're any good I could always use them on track.

Back
Top Bottom