Fighting weight

Suspended
Anyone here who has any experience in boxing / some form of competeing martial art, do you have any idea what and ideal weight for a heavy weight would be?

I mean, at what weight would it be too much of a trade off, as in you begin to sacrifice speed and mobiltiy for strength. I have hard a weight of 230lbs for my size is about perfect, but I have naturally cruised past this and am at about 242lbs, thats including some heavy cardio training.

Permabanned
Professional fighters (ideally, and most do) cut to < 9% bodyfat for a fight, weight has nothing to do with anything, that would totally depend on your height and build, there is no "ideal" weight for a heavyweight, and the belief that "The more someone ways, the slower they are" is just a common myth, look at 100m sprinters, don't see many light guys there.

Soldato
James H said:
Professional fighters (ideally, and most do) cut to < 9% bodyfat for a fight, weight has nothing to do with anything, that would totally depend on your height and build, there is no "ideal" weight for a heavyweight, and the belief that "The more someone ways, the slower they are" is just a common myth, look at 100m sprinters, don't see many light guys there.
Yeah, but a few rounds in and it will make all the difference. Sprinters run for 10 or 20 seconds.

It would be very much subjective to you, finding a weight comfortable for you with a good power to weight ratio (heh).

Back
Top Bottom