Zalman Reserator1-Plus

Associate
Looking to buy one of these in the next few weeks, my question is, can i add a separate pump to one of the water lines to help with circulation of the water?

Would be great if someone has done this or is thinking the same could offer some advice.

Associate
i havent tried it, but my pump has the dreaded rattle that these develope, i have just replaced it with the same pump (cost £7), but i did order the next size pump up (600L/M instead of the original 300L/M) and this was only £13. i did this to see if it would fit into the res. U can just about squize it in, but i just left the smaller one there for now to see how long this one lasts (8 months was the life of the last one).

at this point i dont need the extra power, as i only want silence and the larger pump will be noiser. My temps seem fine too so why bother.

Associate
ps, u get all the bits to remove the pump from the inside of the res so u can run an external pump if u want, but these pumps will sound quiter if submerged in water like the original. Thats why i left mine in.

Associate
it was my first water cooling kit so its hard to compair, but i bought it as my new X800XT was noisey (so what a 'noiser' nvidia card must sound like would drive me mad). It took me about 3 hours to fit it (being very carefull with the bits inside my oc). i had to remove the mobo too as mine is socket A and i had to bolt from the back (my case doesnt have a rear removable panel).

I didnt really do anything else apart from fit a GPu block, it didnt leak at all first time round so i booted up, it is extremely quite, to the point where i thought it wasnt working, the loudest bit on it was the flow meter which 'rattles' to show the coolant flow. Bit u want notice it. It dropped my X800XT temps down from 90 odd in games to 60 MAX now. my cpu seems to idle at 35 ish and load to about 48 after a few hours of games.

The unit is great, i wanted silence and got it (until the pump started making noises, which i have just replaced). One word of advice i can give is DONT put the top on tight, as i did and when i came to look in it one day i couldnt get it off. i had mine filled leaving about 2" of air at the top, but this time i have filled it up almost to the top, i have noticed my temps a few degrees cooler for it. i used halfords de ionized water only.

Associate
OP
I’ve just bought one today for £163 from a competitor, some £25 cheaper then Overclockers :eek:

I’m really looking forward to setting this baby up now, its going to be cooling a A64 3700 and my X850 platinum.

I will take on board your advice about the water and the lid, thanks for that :)

Associate
its so much bigger than u think, it looks nice too. they say A64's run cooler anyhow so u should see lower temps than me.

i also switch mine off when i boot down (its in the loft and dont want it running all the time incase it does leak and flood the cieling). lol

Associate
OP
Moorron said:
its so much bigger than u think, it looks nice too.

Do you think i will have to take the door off the hinges to get it in the house? :p

As for the way it looks, im very lucky i have a black super tower so it should look real nice sat next to it "he hopes"

Soldato
I was thinking of getting one of these so I would be interested to know what you think of it. You have the same processor as me aswell so it will be good for me to see what sort of temps you get with it.

Back
Top Bottom