Cant install sound driver, help needed :)

Soldato
I've got an asus p4p800 e deluxe mobo, and i've been haiving sound issues so decided to start by updating my drivers.

So, i went into control panel/add remove programmes and removed ac'97 dound drivers. Then rebooted and installed the drivers (self extracting) that i got from here (stating that they dealt with the fuzz im getting which may be an nvidia driver clash) : http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3001-2120_2-10489136.html?idl=y

Then i re-booted again and when the 'found new hardware' thing popped up i aked it to install the software automatically. But, it can't find anything, and seems to be searching for 'multimedia audio controller' as apposed to ac'97 etc. And if i try to 'install from specific location' and point it at the temp folder the driver instals to it simply wont open the folder (in browse) or explore it if i manually type the address path in.

Any idea greatly appreciated, probably something quite noob :p.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, if i run the setup for those ^^ it simply says 'no driver or AP was supported in this driver package'..

I am doomed to no sound.

Though the drivers in the link that was in my OP are a lot newer. I'm just wondering where i was going wrong with the installation.

Soldato
OP
:(, done that and having the same problem.. I run the installer, then restart, then found new hardware wizard pops up, but when i click yes to 'install the software automatically' it just searches for 'multimedia controller' but finds nothing..

What am i doing wrong? :(.

Soldato
It should leave the installer files in C:\WINDOWS\Temp , so you could try installing the drivers by right clicking on them then selecting "install", then when you install the hardware, select the right driver. You could also try uninstalling the device from the device manager, then point it to C:\WINDOWS\Temp when windows asks for drivers.

Soldato
OP
Righto, worked :). For some reason the forst driver i tried couldnt be found when i directed the add new hardware bit to it. But alas, still go the awfull fuzz i had in the first place. Time to chuck my delta 10/10 card in me thinks (just a git swapping it over from a mac whenever i'm recording music).

Cheers for the help :).

Back
Top Bottom