Best Budget Case?

Soldato
Hello all,

What is the best budget case?

Im after something cheap but dont want somthing badly made.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Rich

Edit: No PSU required.

Soldato
OP
Nice suggestions,

Antec SLK3000B seems like a popular and good choice, anyone have any pics with the front open?

Are there any none problems with the case? Is it loud?

Thanks

Rich

Soldato
OP
Ive place an order with the SLK3000B - seems like a good choice, right? :)

Has everything I need - ATX, additional Fan holes (Are fans supplied). + it seems roomy so should be easy to work with.

Thanks

Associate
The SLK3000B has one rear 120mm fan IIRC (and space for a further 120mm up front).

The case is excellent quality and easy to work in, despite the fact it has no removable motherboard tray.

One suggestion - fit your PSU BEFORE fitting the motherboard as the bar across the case will make fitting the PSU after the mortherboard has gone in difficult.

Associate
I've just built a system for a friend using the Thermaltake Soprano (£47). Very impresses with it. 2 x 120mm fans, totally tool-less drive bays - and no cut fingers during the build :)

The paint finish on the door is even better in the flesh too :)

Associate
i tihnk its worth getting a nice case unless your only ever going ot open it once, im really glad about my case as its really simple fitting things like drives

Soldato
OP
Ive had a few people mail me about my new case (SLK3000B) and what i think about it.

I was after a cheap case that looked ok and performed well- which is exactly what I got.

The build was really easy (even though it does not have a motherboard tray). Im using a XP-120 heatsink with a stealth fan - the supplied case fan is only a little louder on slow speed which is great considering the stealth is almost silent. The only thing I can hear is my 9800PRO fan. Temps are good (28-30 Load) on the my 3000 Winnie.

Case is big enough to house all my tagen 480w wires comfortably too. Im very please.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom