Tmobile & Upgrades

Soldato
My upgrade is due tomorrow on my tmobile contract, I spend £42+ a month spread over two contracts(1x UFIX £15 and Relax 100).

Now I've been looking on e2save at the SE w800i and seen it with 7 months half price line rental on relax 200 and the phone for free, however tmobile want £79.99 for this handset and get no half price goodies.

So are they easy to blag a good deal out of if I threaten to cancel my Relax 100 contract?

Soldato
Just tell them straight, match the deal or you'll walk. You might find it better to speak to people on Cancellations, rather than Upgrades - I've always had more luck that way.

Soldato
You can only try and of course it all depends on your overall spend.

My line rental is £97 and £15 (I have 2 phones-2nd is for my mum) so I tend to get what I want.

T-Mobile made a complete hash of my bill in October last year and they dragged it out for nearly 2 months. Both phones were cut off serveral times and in the end I write a long letter of complaint via email to cust relations.
I got £142 off my bill, an upgrade from 200 to 500 free txts a month and my mum got a £100 Samsung E530 free of charge as well as a huge bunch of flowers.

My upgrade is due in Feb so I'll see what I can wangle.

Soldato
OP
Well its over and done with, Im gutted tbh, £110 for the w800 as an upgrade, I told them I was going, they wouldn't do it cheaper regardless of what I said.

The woman sounded a right bore. So my Relax 100 contract ends next month(27/2/06).

I want to order a w800i now, but am I allowed? Atm I have the Relax 100 + U Fix £15 contracts. Am I allowed another connection?

Cheers.

Associate
Do you really need to stay with T-Mobile?

I think you probably weren't offered good deals because £42 for two separate lines isn't very much at all - ideally, you need to be spending £30+ per line to get a shot at good upgrade deals.

Of the 4 major networks (3 doesn't count), I've never ever heard anyone recommend T-Mobile before. You can get good deals all around if you look - why stay if you can keep your number going to a different network with a better deal?

PS. You won't be allowed to use a T-Mobile PAC number for another T-Mobile contract if you wanted to keep your number.

PPS. If you absolutely must get another T-Mobile connection, whether they will allow a second line depends on your credit rating.

Soldato
OP
I've discarded my Relax 100 number. I personally cannot wait to get totally rid of them(My UFIX line will be going next).

I might look into going for Orange/O2.

I don't fancy going with Voda since hearing they restrict their handset features...

---- 11 months 1/2 price line rental(via chequeback) and a free w800 on Orange OVP 200? Should I? This is a 12 month contract right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tupac said:
---- 11 months 1/2 price line rental(via chequeback) and a free w800 on Orange OVP 200? Should I? This is a 12 month contract right?

What tarriff are they trying to match on that one? Chances are its 18month.

Watchout on 18 month T-Mobile tarriffs, I heard that they dont extend the phones 12 month warranty to 18 like other networks.

Back
Top Bottom