FAO man_from_uncle

Ken

Ken

Associate
Hi :)

Please can you take a photo of your setup please? I'd like to see a top down view of your motherboard, Zalman cooler and Corsair memory.

Thanks in advance.
Ken

Associate

How's that?

EDIT :Obviously not right....

Associate
It's a lot smaller than I thought.......

God that was a painstaking 30 mins. I thought I was just a monkey, but it took 5 goes to get imageshack to upload that image and every other method i tried failed too or timed out. I think my internet connection is knackered. Anyway, I hope that helps. I'll try a larger one if you want.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Sure, I just wanted to see the orientation of the Zalman and how well it aligned with the exhaust fan if it did point towards it. I was also interested in how close the Zalman was to the edge of the motherboard and memory.

I hear but can't remember where that there is a slight mechanical noise at 5V. Is this true?

Thanks again. :)

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Ah, here we are...
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article267-page4.html

5V / 11 CFM: The fan drops to a reasonable 22 dBA/1m. This should be quiet enough for many people, although those with low ambient noise may want quieter. A surprising amount of motor noise is still audible as a mid-band hum, and a low buzz from the bearings can also be heard during close listening.
man_from_uncle said:
From what, the Zalman?......(takes side off and puts head close).....seems ok. There is definately a tiny mechanical noise from something in there....but it's not the fan.
Well if you have to be up close to it, I guess it'll be inaudible from my chair.
Cheers.

Associate
If there is a sound from the Zalman other than the slight hum of the fan, it's certianly too quiet to hear over everything else in my case.

In fact the only problem i have with sound is that my 3 hard disks seem to resonate together very slightly and though it is still virtually inaudioble it does oddly cause a very distinct low hum in the room below and in the stair case. I think it's something to do with the disk drive locking mechanism that this Thermaltake case uses rather than traditional screws (those purple things on the right).

Back
Top Bottom