Xp/2000 Dual Boot

Associate
I am trying to install XP onto a new WD 250Gb SATAII hard drive, I already have 2000Pro installed on my seagate sata hard drive. If i run the xp disc from within 2000 everything goes to plan until i get choosing partition, xp doesn't see the WD250Gb hard drive. Both drives are on the NForce sata connectors. I have seen a post about this before and have searched for it but can't find anything. I have tried copying the file from the unpacked drivers to the floppy but that doesn't help. I'm stumped. HELP PLEASE. Thankyou

Soldato
I'd get a trial copy of partition magic and use it to split your exisiting drive into two partitions. Then you can boot from the XP CD before your computer boots to windows 2000 and install it to the second partition (Which will most likley be D:\). This way you will be prompted to insert a floppy disk with the SATA drivers on during XP setup. Just remember to select the second partition- not the one with windows 2000 on it :) I have a setup just like it which I use for testing :cool:

I have never installed windows from within windows though so can't offer any help otherwise mate :(

Soldato
deadeyedic30 said:
Got it fixed, i'm an idiot, couldn't see the forest for the trees !!! I have the WD250Gb partioned into 10 !! I was only seeing the 2 seagate partitions because the WD's were above the seagates off screen !!! Hanging head in shame :( :rolleyes:

Haha, we've all done it mate :o :D Glad you got it sorted though :cool:

Back
Top Bottom