ooh Google Pack :p

Man of Honour
This is a cool little thing, it gives you norton antivirus for free as well! I'm downloading now, thought you guys would like a heads up.

Feel Free to delete, I couldn't find this anywhere else using the search option :)

Soldato
it looks like you can remove any dodgy software before you download it... ;)

10un1.jpg

Permabanned
norton is a very bad antivirus - it detects 1 in 5 viruses, takes ages scanning, is a system hog, its basically an expensive version of AVG free lol

Soldato
Robbo123 said:
norton is a very bad antivirus - it detects 1 in 5 viruses, takes ages scanning, is a system hog, its basically an expensive version of AVG free lol

Not true, OK so it takes quite a bit of memory etc. and bloody scans it's own update files straight from live update (lol). But when I used to use it all the time I never, ever had a problem with viruses or hackers at all.

I'm now using PC Cillin, takes a lot less resources than Norton and gets updates every day which I like, so I prefer PC Cillin at the moment.

Soldato
Yrah the down-side of norton is the amount of resources it uses up, although it is no a problem with my current rig no moe as i have 2gigs, but on my previous rigs it was like a snale.
I tend to use mcafee now, hardly uses any resources and does the job, although my dad still swears by norton. It's all down to personal preference.
Although the new norton 2006 package aint too shabby actually

Back
Top Bottom