• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

For those interested in X1800XT Crossfire resuts ...

Soldato
Stock run, all CCC settings defaults:

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Only thing is ATi Tool's fan speed only controls the master card, so I have to rely on the drivers, which don't spin the fans up early enough IMO :(
Also ATi tray tools seems to disable crossfire, and the only way to re-enable it is to turn of ATT and reboot :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
I get just over 9700 in 05 and around 4600 in 06 with a single X1800XT albeit overclocked, i'd have expected higher scores to be honest from crossfire to justify buying the expensive mastercard. Looks like a single X1900XT would give a X1800XT crossfire setup a run for its money.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don't forget the 06 score is low 'cos I have a single core CPU., there's a fair amount of pts lost on that.
Not sure if 05 is that bad TBH ... a tad under 9K on one X1800XT stock is about right, and remember I have not moved the sliders to performance etc.

Overclocking the cards gave very little improvement, I still feel like I should have some chipset drivers for my Mobo, but if there are any I haven't found them ;)

Caporegime
Should be for the Northbridge i think, i just downloaded the full package from the ATi site which was the gfx drivers, and all the chipset drivers all in one. :)

Its a cracking motherboard that, im considering getting a one for my x1800 XT, Gibbo said between that and the new RD580 chipset theres hardly anything in it as the Asus is that good, might be worth getting for the single card seen as i can't go Crossfire now.

Soldato
OP
Eh ?
The only drivers I can find on their webby are Catalyst and the integrated video ones, do you have a link please ? :)

BTW you still can ATM .. OC are showing stock of the Crossfire X18 ...

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Which motherboard is that on Vogon ?. :)

@TaKeN, clock yer CPU a bit and you'll hit 9k, x1800's are really CPU limited, i get about 8k odd on my 3500+, even a slight clock will gain about 1k. :)

I forgot to say.. my cpu is clocked at Just under 2.6 Ghz ... :confused:

Caporegime
here yo go mate, you have to use the legends on the left, Drivers and Software/Your OS, then Motherboards with ATi Graphics. :)

Thats the thing though i don't want to go Crossfire yet, my single card is running everything fine so far, i wanted to wait a while, plus its no good going Crossfire on a TFT thats limited to 1280x1024 lol, so id have to get a bigger one. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Motherboards with ati graphics ? hmm, ah well, let me investigate ... thanks :)

Taken my CPU is @ 2.6, so you should be getting 89xx I would say.

*Edit, nope nothing there for me SB is Uli, Gart is not for PCI-E I believe, and nothing mentioning NB .. ah well, can't be a NB driver .. strange but heh !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom