What to go for

Associate
hey guys am building a new rig am gonna order a
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XL 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-102-SP)
£189.95 £189.95

but i dont know which board to get or to go INTEL OR AMD can anyone give me a good clue which mobo i should be looking at for each ?

Soldato
Asus A8R-MVP Crossfire (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-129-AS)

I dont know of any intel/crossfire boards, as you are getting the x1800xl i would reccomend getting crossfire.
I believe this motherboard uses a ULi southbridge which doesnt have the problems the ATi southbridge has and it is good value too.

kbc

kbc

Associate
INFECTION said:
hey guys am building a new rig am gonna order a
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XL 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-102-SP)
£189.95 £189.95

but i dont know which board to get or to go INTEL OR AMD can anyone give me a good clue which mobo i should be looking at for each ?

If you go for AMD and if noise is an issue as suggested from your other post, then try out the ASUS A8N Premium, it has passive chipset cooling i.e. no noisy chipset fans which is a bonus. The deluxe is the model up which has decent overclocking potential... but if you're a serious overclocker or have the intentions of an Opteron - then get a DFI board, good clockers at the expense of a chipset fan. But can't see it being as noisy as a graphics card fan.

Soldato
There are a few choices for 939, of course depending on budget!

My personal choice was the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, and so far I gotta say its quality.

I have never paid over £100 before for a motherboard, but I managed to shop around for a good price on the ASUS board and paid £122 inc shipping.

I haven't started overclocking with this board yet but I have a good feeling its gonna be good :)

Back
Top Bottom