X-Fi setup (What works best for you)

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
Hey all,

I was just wondering what settings all you guys use on your X-fi's?
I just got the Xtrememusic version and am using the crystaliser on 95% and that stereo surround on 50%.
Just looking for a few different things I could try out :)
Also, is there a way to link the console to the lil sound icon in the taskbar? So it brings up the creative console and not the rubbish thing with about 4 bars...

Cheers,
Ash

Soldato
I also have the Xtrememusic and only use headphones. For music I have the crystalizer at 50%, EAX and 3D positioning off. For movies I have crysalizer off, 3D positioning on and EAX off. And for games, crystalizer off, 3D positioning on and EAX on. I always leave the EQ off on everything. I also always have the bass set to 12% - my Sennheiser headphones are seriously bassy and even at the default 50% it's way too much :)

Soldato
Ive got crystallizer on 100% dunno why but i like the sound at that, the dyanamic range is very good on that setting. If somone can tell why not to have it like this then do so. Basically ive got everything on. Ive fiddled around with the E.Q also for it to sound right on my speakers, ive used a spectrum analyser to create a flat frequency response because this is what sounds best in the sound world. Set the WAVE to 15% because it is a very hot signal going into the speaker at 100%.

When ive got my Beyerdynamic DT770's Closed monitoring headphones plugged in. I leave the E.Q flat, this creates a punchy sound and it very nice to hear.

Back
Top Bottom