• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help with fx5900xt please........

Associate
Hello all, was wondering if anyone could shed some light please? I have recently acquired a new mobo and processor and am having some issues with my gigabyte fx5900xt. The board is a Foxconn 760GXK8MC with a new AMD64 3000+ sat upon it. I have performed a fresh install of XP home with SP2 and all appears fine until I actually try to play something, graphics and textures go everywhere with some disappearing altogether and games become unplayable after about 2 minutes with BF2 being the worst, although curiously Quake4 is like a baby's bum (?!) I have installed every version of detonator I can find right back to my GFX install disc but to no avail. I have also tried changing the aperture size and AGP speed in BIOS (and other stuff just in case) but nothing......naddah.....diddly squat. Games are unplayable and text in games menu's corrupts as well, causing me to have to quit back to XP just to have another go. MY PSU and sundries are all up to scratch. I have borrowed a friends (archived) fx5600 and I get the same results (albeit with a lower frame rate:)) help...........

Foxconn 760GXK8MC
AMD athlon64 3000+
Gigabyte fx5900xt 128mb 8xAGP
1 GB of paired 3200 DDR
450watt Jeantech PSU
etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom