PS3- Worth speculating on?

Soldato
It won't be here anytime soon, but who is considering/would consider a punt on Sony's latest? I've been trying to weigh up potential demand, and have two simple, but opposing schools of thought.

#1: Console will be available in Asia, and subsequently North America before it hits Europe. Die hards/early adopters will import way before it reaches our shores. As a consequence, demand in the UK doesn't escalade to Xbox 360 levels. No decent profits will be there for the taking.

#2: It's a Playstation. Playstations sell. Stocks will run dry, and those with foresight will be able to sell their machines on, netting up to £200/£300 profit in the process.

There are a couple more points to consider. The first is the intended UK release date, March 2007. This means inherently less hype, as Christmas has passed. Secondly, price. Wherever Sony choose to pitch the machines' cost, it will be pricer than Microsoft's offering. If it is expensive, yet sells out, this is obviously not a problem. People will naturally pay more than the high street price to obtain one. But if the fee is higher than anticipated, the public may just flat out refuse to purchase, crushing any hopes of selling on.

Yes, what I'm discussing is arguably immoral. But who doesn't enjoy making money? My entrepreneurial qualities are beginning to stir, and I don't fancy missing out like I did a few months ago.

Soldato
OP
nickels said:
release march 2007 :eek: that AGES lol

wasnt it march 2006 before?

March 07 is attainable in my view. It's always helpful to be realistic, delays help no-one. I believe, that many will wait until this time. Perhaps some will purchase a 360 in the meantime to tide them over, and more households than last generation will have two (or more) consoles.

Back
Top Bottom