Video clips on 360

Associate
Memphis said:
Just to confirm what Nismo has said, you can only watch video on the 360 through a Media Center PC.

is there any plan to allow regular windows, (xp pro or whatever), to stream video in the same way?

Soldato
zammo said:
is there any plan to allow regular windows, (xp pro or whatever), to stream video in the same way?

Haven't heard anything about it yet.

In my opinion though, I would think Microsoft will allow video streaming from XP at some stage, but only after forcing the dedicated to purchase Media Center. Just don't expect it to happen anytime soon ;).

Associate
Memphis said:
Haven't heard anything about it yet.

In my opinion though, I would think Microsoft will allow video streaming from XP at some stage, but only after forcing the dedicated to purchase Media Center. Just don't expect it to happen anytime soon ;).

Well, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has no intention of getting hold of windows MCE just to be able to do this. Just hope they decide to take the restriction off sooner rather then later. Although, if they don't, I won't be losing any sleep...

Soldato
Can't see them ever allowing Windows XP to stream Videos to the 360....It's either buy MCE or wait for Windows Vista....Even with Vista it looks like you will have to buy a certain version to have streaming capabilities :o

Back
Top Bottom