Wow.......no not that WoW!!

Associate
just installed 2 gig ram and tried battlefield 2 straight away :p

WOW it's ace no more waiting 5 mins till it smoothes it self out, loading takes no time at all and and and............ :D

another thing that used to get on nerves was waiting an age before the computer got back to speed after you exit the game............NOW IT'S NSTANT.

i really didn't want to upgrade the ram thinking it wouldn't make much difference.

sorry if this seems a little over the top,and given the fact that it's been mentioned a million times before (about the 2 gig) i couldn't contain my JOY!! :D

Associate
OP
yeah i brought geil coz i've never had a problem in the past

i was i little dissapointed in this game considering i got a 7800gt a while ago and thought stuff it i'll go ahead and get the ram but thought there was no way it would make this much difference but for me it's made the game much more playable.

for instance i just quit the game just before typing this and had no wait for this or any other window to pop up and start acting as if i just come back to it after leaveing idle

i'm well chuffed and considering that geil value kit is on one week only it was even more of a bargain

Soldato
I've got 2gb of geil value installed and as long as you're not doing any overclocking it's just fine. Don't be fooled by the shiny heatsinks on it though, you try to run it at anything but stock and it'll just fall over and die.

Man of Honour
Sleepery said:
I've got 2gb of geil value installed and as long as you're not doing any overclocking it's just fine. Don't be fooled by the shiny heatsinks on it though, you try to run it at anything but stock and it'll just fall over and die.

=/ 2GB Geil Value @ 1T! 2.5-3-3-6 219 FSB

Associate
OP
im now running with everything on high/ no aa and at 1280x1024 and very very playable at these settings

with 1 gig to get it to the same standard i had everything on medium

Soldato
Sleepery said:

2 x 512mb Geil Value here, running at 222mhz @ 1T 2.5-3-3-6, stock volts. Cant imagine the 1gb sticks being that much worse.

Farty two said:
im now running with everything on high/ no aa and at 1280x1024 and very very playable at these settings

with 1 gig to get it to the same standard i had everything on medium

You are best off running everything at medium apart from geometry and view distance which should be on max. Then you can use 4xAA. The difference between medium and high is not enough to warrant the performance drop, while running with AA makes it look better anyway!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom