Joysticks....any good for gaming?

Soldato
Maybe for flying a plane in BF2, but I found it too much hassle having to switch back and forth. In my experience joysticks don't really go with FPSs.

Soldato
I found the Belkin Nostromo's very good, being able to program the keys so they fall to hand was excellent, no need to keep checking the keyboard to see if your hand is in the right place. I would say that they improve your performance marginally.

I tried a joystick for BF2 in the hope it would make me a better pilot - it didn't.

Associate
I second the nostromo for fps games. A small learn and setup when you get it, but it's a no brainer when you get used to it.

Associate
Ive bought an attack 3 for bf2 flying, and im well impressed, great quality and smooth for only £11.99, BF2 is the only time its used though and its not all that often you can get a plane anyway,

Associate
Essential for me in BF2 - I was useless with the mouse!

I also had a nostromo (bought it to replace the keyboard to try and reduce the amount of peripherals on my desk) but I'm back to normal keyboard/mouse setup and have the joystick positioned next to the top of my mousemat - so I just need to reach forward a bit from the mouse.

If it's for BF2 you need to get a joystick with smooth movement and ideally quite compact. I eventually got a logitech attack 3 and it's pretty good value! A word of warning... under no circumstances get lead into thinking the Saitek ST90 could be kinda cool with it's crafted-by-alien-technology looks... it's chronic! ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom