Norsey Wood

Soldato
Ok, nice day so time to get out for some piccies... Unfortunaley I left my iso set at 400 from the night before... doh!

Just like to know what you guys think. apart from remembering to check the iso!!
norsey.jpg

norsey01.jpg

3. I really liked the texture of this tree
norsey02.jpg

Soldato
The last shot is crying out for bw i think :) They don't look at all noisey to me. Thats the beauty of DSLR's and ISO. If you get the correct exposure your shots aren't noisey.

Associate
Nice shots,definately Silver Birch but to my untrained eye and reading comments on my earlier post would suggest No 4 over exposed??What say you?

Permabanned
Yep thats better! How dod you do the black and white? Just a desaturate?

If you have photoshop, what I do with B&W is use the Burn tool (on shadow setting) with an exposure of about 6% and just enhance some of the shadows. Tends to give the picture more depth. I also like to give a slight vignetting to B&W although it might not work with this one.

Nice photos :)

Soldato
OP
isnt desaturate the worst way to do it?
I used mode then greyscale... I cant remember the other way with channels though... think you might have to change it to lab colour then take away the colour channels... I seem remember seeing a tutorial about it but cant remember exactly. they did it all three ways and one was better but I cant remember... was in digital photo mag

Back
Top Bottom