• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X700 graphic card

Associate
Having just purchased a Gigabyte 81945pg motherboard.What i an asking you people out there is what Graphic card would you buy? .Now this is the crunch i am building this computer to run a Geovision 800 16 cameras at 100fps what Geovision recommend ia a Gigabyte gvrx70256d x700 card what are your thoughts.

Soldato
welcome to the forums.

from a quick google i take it your using the pc for video surveillance?
im no expert in that area but i think the X700 would be fine for that, and if they recommend it then it must be up to the job :)

Soldato
i would suspect any old card to be up to the job for basic video rendering. back in the days of the riva 128, matrox milennium, rage pro etc 2d speed was benchmarked since it used to differ, but these days even the gf2mx400 can match a x1900xt in 2d rendering speed.

unless the x700 has hardware assistance its gonna be more of an overkill for the system your using it for.

a client who uses a viewmax setup of 16 cameras and a recording system uses a basic ati radeon 9250.

its his video capture card thats doing all the work since its the propriety viewmax card which has 16 video in sockets on the back.

if your going for a single camera then your better off getting a vivo card so you can get video in. any cpu with around 1.5ghz can encode on the fly to mpeg4 with no frame loss. but if you get a card that has AVIVO or something that gives hardware assist then use a high resolution camera that can do 1900x1200 capturing and you will have an ultra clean image of the culprits if its for security use.

remember the higher the resolution of the video to encode on the fly then the faster the cpu requirements will be. thats when hardware assistance will be of great help.
not sure if a x700 has hardware encoding assist but if not then save your cash and go for a radeon 9250 or 9550 since they are passive cooled cards, make no noise, and cheapo to buy. 9550 recommended since it has better features than the 9250 for only a couple of quid more.

Back
Top Bottom