• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AGP Card Plug - Noob Q

Soldato
not all board have the clamp thingy but it is a very good feature. my old kt7a board does not have it and the case the board is in is crappy so if i tighten the scred holding the agp card in place too much then the back end of the card lifts a little out of the socket and caused boot problems sometimes.
if i had the clamp on the card then i would never have this problem, so i have to be very gentle when fitting the card in.

Associate
I used to take them off if i could with a small screwdriver, because before i had h2o,i would often want to play with different fans & gpu sinks etc.Needing to remove the graphics card in a full case could take some force,practically blind in a full case ,to flip the little lever.As my graphics cards became larger it began to become quiet unnerving when taking it out.It felt as if i was prising a capacator off or something close :eek: . If youre careful in removal (tape it to the inside of your case)you can replace it unnoticed for any reason necessary.I have never had a grafics card not want to stay in on a decent built PC.:)
just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom