T/take Tai-Chi Water OR Water Cooling and T/Take Tsunami Dream?

Soldato
Was looking to buy the above case as it would save me the hastle of installing a water cooling system (that i havnt done before) but if i am about to waste my money please let me know??

i currently have the tsunami dream case

Soldato
Get a real watercooling solution. The Thermaltake kit is OK, better than air, but for not a lot more money you can get real watercooling which will be substantially better than air.

Ask this on the cooling/overclocking forum and you'll get a very short answer ;)

Soldato
WJA96 said:
Get a real watercooling solution. ;)

If you add to that, and buy a real case. Then thats perfect.

Unless you really like the looks of the thermaltake, they are always full of loads of features which dont really aid anything. Like the watercooling.

Go for no features and add you own :D PC7se, its a case. Very well built and looks subtle.

But that is my opinion. Thermaltake for me bar one case is a no buy. There high end is majorly overpriced.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
WJA96 said:
Get a real watercooling solution. The Thermaltake kit is OK, better than air, but for not a lot more money you can get real watercooling which will be substantially better than air.

Ask this on the cooling/overclocking forum and you'll get a very short answer ;)

Actually the water cooling with the tai chi performs pretty well, it has a very powerful pump and a massive rad. Works as well as many water cooling kits that would cost much more.

Soldato
Not really, its the same as topish end air, it cant compete really with the dedicated kits.

Only appeal really is the integration between the two units.

Soldato
kdd said:
Actually the water cooling with the tai chi performs pretty well, it has a very powerful pump and a massive rad. Works as well as many water cooling kits that would cost much more.

Care to share those test site links?

Soldato
Im not disputing that it is as good as top end air :p

But it cant compete with a similarly priced custom system, or most of the swiftech kits.

Just the whole package is a little overpriced.

(It may seem that I hate Tt but im considering one for a build im going to do, and before you ask. Im not saying which model I am selling out to!)

Soldato
Yewen said:
Im not disputing that it is as good as top end air :p

But it cant compete with a similarly priced custom system, or most of the swiftech kits.

Just the whole package is a little overpriced.

(It may seem that I hate Tt but im considering one for a build im going to do, and before you ask. Im not saying which model I am selling out to!)

Hehe, tsunami is quite nice isnt it :)

Soldato
:D

Its only a consideration.

The shortlist is a Tsunami, v800 (IF I can get one in the UK) or a custom Lian Li.

But the Tsunami is the cheapest, but the Custom Lian Li is the most appealing, but at £400+

Soldato
Yeh looking at getting one done by Phil sometime, if its now or six months though I just dont know.

He cant do the v1000+ otherwise I would already have one!

And the shipping + tax on import makes the case overpriced. Just gotta wait for someone to get it in stock in the UK or Europe. OcUK are not getting any in, that idea fell through unfortunately.

Soldato
If you really want a case with built-in water cooling then the Koolance PC-3 range will give you a good case (Silverstone or Lian-Li) and a good water cooling system.

That Xbit labs review is very interesting as all of a sudden the Big Typhoon is performing pretty badly. Most other reviews have it doing Mid-50's on that processor.

They also positively reviewed a Coolermaster kit in a similar way, and I bought that and it was very poor.

Also - he claims a big improvement (3C) on some tests but then a 6C worsening on the HDD test is said to be "so small as not worth worrying about."

These guys get kit to test because they get the stuff attention. They are actually sponsored by Tt. When Toms Hardware say it's good, I'll look at it.

Soldato
THG are not always that reliable, you have to work out why they are reviewing it first, as sometimes they subtly alter the wording to make the product seem better. But I will agree between them and Anandtech they are the only ones I trust.

Back
Top Bottom