CPU Temp?

Soldato
Just looked into the bios of my mates pc, and its showing the cpu temp as above 80c!

Is this normal? I just thought i'd ask as i thought it was quite high...

Dont know if this is any use:

untitled8zy.jpg

Thanks.

Soldato
Xtorsion said:
Just looked into the bios of my mates pc, and its showing the cpu temp as above 80c!

Is this normal? I just thought i'd ask as i thought it was quite high...

Dont know if this is any use:

Thanks.

those prescotts do run hot, but thats a little hot for my liking, they usually hit 70's under heavy load but 80's is too hight tbh

Soldato
OP
stigggeh said:
those prescotts do run hot, but thats a little hot for my liking, they usually hit 70's under heavy load but 80's is too hight tbh

Thing is, the pc isnt do much at all. Im just using it to browse the internet...nothing cpu intensive.

Associate
I have this chip and mine ran at over 80C. I bought new case and thats helped a bit although still goes into 70s on load. Ordered Arctic cooler, akasa 120mm fan and some arctic silver paste which will be here monday so Ill see what difference that makes, hopefully a bit!

Associate
Intel recommend a maximum temp of 70c with prescotts, and my 3.4ghz ran at 60c idle with the stock pile of total crap HSf. there is no reason yours should be any higher. 80c is also very close to thermal throttle and shutdown. Semiconductors that run hot will have their lifespan reduced, and i think that is mentioned in mosst Intel documents.

Change the fan to a freezer 7, it's cheep, and has the same mounting as that pile of junk that Intel produce.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I got arctic fan, new 120mm case fan and arctic silver paste. Previously CPU temp was about 65-85. Now it hardly goes above 45-50 so its made a HUGE difference!

Soldato
Thats the exact same chip as my mate has, it was running at 77°C with the retail HSF.

When I took the HSF off there was no thermal goo? Installed a thermalright SP-94 + AS3 and the temps reduced to 40°C and 50°C under full load!

Back
Top Bottom