More (Noobish) London Meet Pics

Soldato
Here are my best from the meet yesterday. I can't do any editing as I don't have photoshop!

mike16zq.jpg

I really like this one for some reason. F8, 7 seconds, ISO 64.

mike27ba.jpg

Parliament by night.

mike31fo.jpg

The eye from an angle. I've shown this to a few people and they love it but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
mike45cj.jpg

My attempt at this great looking location! I really couldn't get the "pan" that Joe and sleepyd were getting.

mike54eg.jpg

I really like the sky in this one, although you lot will probably say it's overexposed!

mike60jw.jpg

Close up on the eye.

I've only had my new Sony DSC-H1 for about a week now and these are the first "proper" shots I've attempted. Again, comments welcome. :)

Last edited:

rlm

rlm

Associate
Love those eye pictures, what exposure were you using for them?

The sky in the second parlement picture looks pixelated, is that due to jpeg compression for forum use?

Soldato
OP
rlm said:
Love those eye pictures, what exposure were you using for them?

Thanks. :) The first eye was 30 seconds. The second and third were 20.

rlm said:
The sky in the second parlement picture looks pixelated, is that due to jpeg compression for forum use?
Probably yeah. The originals were 5mb, I've managed to take them down to 40k odd. :eek:

Associate
I think there are one or two that are definitely over-exposed. As I said at the time - it's hard to get the houses of parliament exactly right because of the difference in levels of light hitting the building. The first pic is the better of the two.

I would say that you need to have a bit less compression on the images - there's some ghosting around the trees by the wheel.

Although I'll post a collection soonish - here was my impression of the shot:

wheel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom