Help! - Data recovery

Associate
Help!

Hi all

Just installed Virtual PC on my machine - performed the reboot and now my secondary HDD is appearing as unformatted, any ideas of a good way to recover the data on it. It contains the vast majority of my music collection and would hate to have to re-rip them all.

Drive picks up in bios and computer management, but cannot access it and windows wants to format it.

Its a 250gb Maxline III ATA drive if thats any help.

Pointers for recovery software would be very very helpfull

Ta

Associate
sure, get a tool called file scavenger. Works very well. Run a quick format first on the disk, that rewrite the file structure of the disk and fixes the mbr and such. Then run file scavenger from another operating sys. its er avail to buy which i recommend or on some torrent sites

Soldato
ed3203 said:
sure, get a tool called file scavenger. Works very well. Run a quick format first on the disk, that rewrite the file structure of the disk and fixes the mbr and such. Then run file scavenger from another operating sys. its er avail to buy which i recommend or on some torrent sites
generally the person asking about the software can google it. no need to hint as to how to get it via there website or otherwise :p

Back
Top Bottom