• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUKs 3700 SD Steppings

Caporegime
Has anyone got a 3700 from OcUK recently? What stepping are they currently shipping? Looking over at XS the new KAB3E stepping chip that clocked to 3.2 on stock volts on air :eek:

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Has anyone got a 3700 from OcUK recently? What stepping are they currently shipping? Looking over at XS the new KAB3E stepping chip that clocked to 3.2 on stock volts on air :eek:

XS forums are down at the moment. Was this prime stable, can you remember?

I've got to try not to get my hopes up too high. I'll be very happy with 2.8 as long as it's nice and stable.

Caporegime
OP
BS Dave said:
XS forums are down at the moment. Was this prime stable, can you remember?

I've got to try not to get my hopes up too high. I'll be very happy with 2.8 as long as it's nice and stable.

As far as I remember it was, it was a very nice chip, better than most Opterons.

Soldato
Ok. The KAB3E chip I got on friday is in and is prime stable for 13 hours ( i stopped it) at 255 x 11 on stock volts, running at about 34C on load. :D

I haven't played around too much after that. I can get into windows at 2.86 and can do 1M superpi, but it freezes on prime. I haven't played with the voltages or other settings much yet though.

Associate
Yep got me a KAB3E last week also. Never clocked a 64b system yet so may need a good link from you guys on doing this? Would be great if there is one on the 3700....... ;)

Soldato
Going for my first over clock on my 3700 san diego. Used the above link to run through it as it is my first time (virgin overclocker!!)

Currently running @ 225 x 11 = 2475 - currently running Prime95 to check but going ok so far - going for 2600 tonight and i will be happy for now anyway.

Stock volts and stock cooler. 42 degrees under load of prime 95 after 20 mins - seems ok so far. will crank it up again. Will advise.

Soldato
Well 2 hours later and we've cranked it up to 2.7ghz! (so much for 2.6ghz tonight!!)

Currently running prime 95 for about 40 mins and all ok so far - will leave over night.

44 degree stable at 2.7GHZ - stock voltages 245 x 11 = 2.7ghz

Well happy so far with my first attempt!!! :D

Soldato
booyaka said:
Ran for 10 hours and no failures - happy with my first attempt to get 2.7ghz

These AMD 64's are great!!! :p
there great now, previously 2.4ghz or 2.5ghz was really good. now we're seeing chips easily obtaining the 2.8+

Soldato
Well chuffed at my first attempt - best thing is just to read up on places like this and go for it!!

Think i'm bitten by the bug!! Already thinking about 2.8ghz even thought i just stated earlier that i would leave it at 2.7ghz for a while!!!

aRRGGHHHH :p

Back
Top Bottom