Belinea 102035W

Soldato
Its gorgeous on the 360. Mentioned it a few pages back iirc. Full screen visuals and no ghosting (that I can see). There's the backlight issue of course, but on the 360 you can't see it, not even in dark games it's just not apparent as it is in windows.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Its great how this monitor still amazes anyone who see's it and its OcUK's best selling monitor. :)

Are there any other Belinea monitors people would like to see on the OcUK site as they have quite a decent large range?

Yes, the Belinea 10 19 20 (Art. No. 111919) with 19" 8ms Premium MVA panel seems like a good substitute in the old price range of the Dell 1905.

Associate
Ive had my Belinea for just over a week now.

Was really impressed with it. However, day 5, a vertical line - three quarters from the left appeared - either side of this there is a slightly "lighter" band and overall measures approx 3.5cm in width.

Day 7 another band a quarter from the left (almost mirroring the first) has appeared but this is not as "bright" (ie. cant see it as much).

I've since contacted OCUK, with which I still await a reply.

Clearly it's a faulty product, but what would be the cause of this? - the bands only seem to appear after a period of use (from cold).

Associate
Just received mine today! Zero dead pixels but definite backlight bleed as expected. Maybe too much for some to live with, maybe not? I'm happy enough with it not to risk returning it and being sent a worse replacement. First TFT and although picture quality is obviously down a little on my 19" CRT the 20" widescreen more than makes up for this on s3x factor :)

Associate
Hi, I'm a first time poster, although I've popped into these forums and bought a few things at overclockers over the last few years or so.

Just wanted to say that I bought one of these Belinea monitors last week and have been extremely impressed by it. The backlight leaking isn't a problem for me, unless something full screen and completely black is displayed, which is very rare and even then, you only really notice it if you are looking at the edges of the screen.

Luckily, the unit I received has no dead or stuck pixels which I was very relieved about being a first time LCD buyer.

Over the last few days however, the screen seems to have developed some sort of problem where black flickery lines appear if you move windows around on the desktop, and sometimes even a permanent tall rectangle of thin black lines appear at the same point in the screen.

At first I thought it was a cable problem so I switched the DVI cable to the standard VGA cable that came with the screen, but that didn't help. Then I thought it might be a driver problem, so I uninstalled my ATI drivers (Radeon 9800) and reinstalled them from clean (using a guide to completely remove the drivers). The problem did not go away.

I then used the reset option in the OSD and this seemed to cure the problem. I was delighted, but it was short lived as the next day the problem appeared again. It does still go away if I reset or sometimes just bring up the OSD or press the auto button, but after a few hours it always reappears again.

To give you a better idea as to what I am talking about, I filmed the problem with my digital camera (sorry about the poor quality) and it can quite clearly be seen.

Download AVI file here: http://insoul.net/belfualt.avi (XviD)

I'm beginning to think it might be an unsolvable fault and contacting the warranty people might be a good course of action, but knowing that the screen has no dead pixels makes me hope it can be fixed.

Just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar before or has any ideas, I searched Google but couldn't find anything related.

Thanks very much.

Soldato
Hi!

Welcome to the forums :)

Good idea to film it - it really shows what your describing. I haven't seen that before and it does look like a monitor problem, particuarly as you've tried replacing the cables and re-installing the drivers

The only other thing to try would be a different PC

Soldato
Hmm, looking at Miffy's vid and clearly not reading his full post like most do :p I at first thought it was a ram related graphics card prob, obviously not. I've never seen a monitor do that sort of flickering before though, not sure if this is a TFT specific thing. Best get in touch with Maxdata though as you've clearly troubleshooted the issue nicely without much luck.

Associate
Thanks for the replies. I too was thinking it could be a graphics card problem so I ran 3D mark to stress the card after an OSD reset and there were actually no flickering lines I could see which I think is unlikely if it were a graphics card problem, so yes I agree, I'm not sure if it is.

I booted into knoppix to see if it would be the same on a Linux OS and the same problem was apparent. Thing is, if I minimise all windows and just view the desktop, it all seems to clear up which would suggest a non monitor problem maybe, but then the fact that if the OSD is brought up, it gets clearer black lines and stops when the monitor is reset seems to suggest it's a monitor fault. Pressing buttons on the monitor shouldn't affect the output of a video card.

I think I'll follow your advice and get in touch with maxdata - the problem seems to be getting worse too, as in it's only a few minutes after resets that the lines appear again :(

Sounds like they have a good warranty service though, even if they are a little obsessive about the return packaging of the monitor :p

Associate
Kainz said:
Eeeep!!! :eek: /me flees to the garage to try and find monitor box just incase...

Hehe, well they seemed very obsessive from what they wrote on their website, although the guy I talked to today asked me if I had the original packaging, so I presume they accept it without. Apparently a courier guy is coming Tuesday between 10-6 which is a pretty good response time considering I phoned friday afternoon.

The status of my monitor is now quite a bit worse now - the lines are all over the screen now, making me feel sick, and it even sometimes starts to buzz noticeably when the lines are in full force :D I may have to go back to my trusty 17" CRT if things get any worse.

Associate
hi guys, just received mine today, and i'm seriously excited about this funky monitor. i can't wait to get home and enter into the "dead pixel/backlight bleed lottery"! will i need to install the belinea product drivers or the windows drivers before/after plugging in the 102035w? confused.

Associate
Just received my Belinea and guess what? One dead pixel...I'm too ****** to describe in words right now since this is the second monitor I bought (first had a dead pixel too, not Belinea though).

Associate
drandy said:
is miffys problem not related to his graphics card? i seem to remember having the same stripes when my 9700 died. not sure, just a thought.

I really wish it was just a graphics card problem (would give me an excuse to get a new one :p). However, output is perfect on my CRT monitor, and now the lines are showing up on the OSD of the LCD monitor when the monitor isn't plugged into anything, leaving me with the conclusion it really must be the monitor.

Associate
Raymond Lin said:
Same result with both DVI and VGA ?

Heh, it really doesn't matter what he would use if he gets it on the OSD while the monitor isn't even connected to the computer. The monitor is definitely defective.

Associate
miffy- are you running your 102035 at the same resolution as your old CRT? higher res might be putting extra strain on the card. maybe i'm just helping you out with an excuse to splurge!

oh man, i forgot to add a dvi cable to my order. what a dumbass! i fired up my new 102035 last night, and so far there's no stripes or lost pixels (touch wood), but i think there's some light bleed (although it disappears when i change the angle that i liik at the screen). it seems ok though, and generally i pretty damn chuffed with it!

Last edited:
Associate
drandy said:
miffy- are you running your 102035 at the same resolution as your old CRT? higher res might be putting extra strain on the card. maybe i'm just helping you out with an excuse to splurge!

:D Yeah I need all the excuses I can get, you know I need my cpu upgrading too - maybe I'll start to hear it making strange noises :p

I use 1680x1050, however even at the same resolution as my CRT (1024x768), the problem persists, and as I said, if the monitor has no input whatsoever, and flashes the 'no input' box thingy, it has these pesky lines all over it.

Back
Top Bottom