setting up wireless with NTL cable??

Soldato
I need to setup a wireless internet connection for my uncle, so i bought a adsl/cable router and a wireless pci card to take over to his house. I figured i'd plug the router into his cable modem, plug the pci card in and i'd be good to go.

But....he doesn't even have a cable modem from ntl! (should he have got one???).

So is there an all in one wireless router/modem that can be used for ntl cable? I know of plenty that can be used for adsl but so far i havent found one for cable.

What are my options folks? Many thanks.

Guv

Guv

Soldato
He will have a modem if he's using cable (or any internet access).

You just need to know what modem. Maybe it's a set top box that provides the internet?

Peg

Peg

Associate
You just need a wireless DSL router. The modem will have already been provided by NTL. I don't think an ADSL modem router will be of much use.

Soldato
ADSL router will be of no use what so ever as NTL is not ADSL and so a ADSL router will not work.

You just need a wireless router, plug the cable modem into it and thats it.
If he hasnt got a cable modem he will be using the set top box, again just plug this into the router. (Make sure he is on digital NTL and not the old analogue), if hes on the old analogue then he will need to upgrade to digital.

I use a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router/4-Port Switch (NW-000-LS) on my NTL digital and it works flawless. I highly recommend it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom