Xbox 360 on Samsung HDTV - How???

Soldato
I'm awaiting delivery of a Samsung 26" HDTV.

Whats the best way of me connecting my Xbox 360 to it? I have the premium pack do i just use the lead which came with it and switch it from tv to hdtv or is there a better lead for better quality i can use?

I understand the Samsung has one hd input, an s video link and 2 scart sockets.

I also have to connect my Sky digital box and a DVD player.

Any suggestions people? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I personally find the component cable (the one with the Premium) to be the best cable. Plug into the component port and flick to HDTV. You won't believe the colours.

Caporegime
I got a new Scart switcher today, as i had to take one back that stopped working, and the new one is working great, full RGB compatibility, only prob is i have to get of my arse to switch it over as its got manual switches, but it saves buggering up the Scart socket on the back of the Tv with having to keep changing leads over between my 360, and my Sky, as only have one RGB socket to, the others just a normal composite. :)

I got this one here , and its working great, no problems at all, its not Tristar as it says, its a Hitachi one, very good quality.:)

Last edited:
Permabanned
manual ones seem to be the best imo. there's no chance of any interference from the other component.

good work loadsamoney. similar to the one my 360 and G'Cube is hooked up to.

Caporegime
Thanks, i did get the 3x way silver one on there for £12.99, but it stopped working after about an hr or so, started getting loads of interferance through my speakers when i switched it to my Sky, like popping, hissing etc... so took it back and excahnged it for the other one, i was originally going to get that one, but i wasn't sure if it was RGB compatible, but lucky it is, and its working great no probs at all as said. :)

Back
Top Bottom