Thermaltake VB1000SWS Soprano vs Thermaltake VA3000BNA Tsunami

Soldato
Antec Super Lanboy :)

pc32hi.jpg

Soldato
It's all personal preference to you basically, in the past thermaltake have been the sort of poorly built copies such like as own brand beans, when everyone knows heinz are the best! now they're trying to re-advertise their market with all these new cases which are better quality (like branston beans) yet still don't quite reach the standard of the best cases.

If you prefer flashy cases then go for a good un out of that range, another pointer: make sure you get one with 2x120mm fans - it'll really help cooling and noise. If you like style and something that will fit in then a Lian Li is for you - the pc7-se fits into the price bracket near enough. :)

(oh btw, heinz = lian li imo)

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered the tsunami yesterday despite the negative opinions people have of TT here.I asked another forum and people recomended it and i like the look so just went with it.Anything is better than this £35 steel rattly pile of...i have sitting here justnow.

Associate
Worth considering the Coolermaster Centurion 530 if you don't want to spend too much, got mine for about £40 and OCUK had it for £35 the other week. The TTs do look good, with the Tsunami soming out on top of the two you spec'd as it has a metal door which is a big plus.
If you like the styling it has got to be the Lian Li's though!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I have a black tsunami dream and its pretty good..very light

I wouldnt be standing on it to reach high places mind...my previous dragon case felt like it would survive a bomb blast..the tsunami dream wont....but thats aluminium for you

side panel looks nice and the 2 120mm fans give a good flow of air...

nice rubber gromits for the drive cages as well..no vibration

good room behind the drive cages as well for stashing cables

paintwise it is very good..an brillaint mirror like finish

I like mine a lot

Soldato
The v1000+ im sure i could sit on it just fine, and it instills the same confidence my Cheiffy did before it.

Just depends what quality the aluminium build is really ;)

But all in all Tt are not bad now, got MUCH better over the last year or so. Just still they are a little bit behind the top, but there prices reflect this. BUT just for the love of god dont spend over £115 on them, as past that point build really should be a priority, and Tt just carry on piling on features, which are in the most part, cheap and pointless.

Caporegime
Im thinking of getting the Thermaltake VB1000SWS Soprano, the windowed version, it looks great, and £50 seems a cracking price for it. :)

Be better than the pile of got at the minute. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
£58 for a PC7+ though.

It really is a no brainer to me on that one, as the Soprano is not up to the standard Thermaltake are working to generally now, and is more akin to there old days.

Back
Top Bottom