• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800GS PCI-Express Engineering Sample

3xH

3xH

Associate
About a week or so ago one of these came into my possetion. I understand they are pretty rare as I can only find information on 1 other board that made it into public hands. What should I do with it? Keep it? :confused: Or is it worth something to someone :cool:

Front

Back

"NVIDIA_G70.DEV_0093.1"
PCI-Express
375MHz Core
1000MHz Memory
16 Pixel Pipes

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Welcome to the forums, if it works and you can use it in your PC then I would do otherwise I'd sell it off. I'm sure someone would buy it if it works.

Yep as above, should run slower than a standard 7800GT.
Actually its clocked slower than an X850XT, might it be slower than an X850XT?

Try it out on 3dmark & report back.

Last edited:

Mul

Mul

Associate
It should be quicker than an X850XT but slower than the 7800GT. May as well keep it I guess :)

Mul

Associate
It's probably akin to the placement of the 6800gs, slightly slower than the gt brother, but nothing that a mild overclock won't fix.

I'd love to know what it can do though. I reckon 7300 ish at stock speeds at 3dmark05, maybe up to 8000 overclocked.

Soldato
man_from_uncle said:
Perhaps, but my 7800gt started at just under 7500 and so far i've got it to nearly 8300 overclocked. I was basing my guess on that.

Except the 7800GS only has 16 pipes not 20 like the GT & is clocked slower at stock too.

Associate
That is quite a drop (not what i was expecting). Not the best processor in the world, but even with an FX speed CPU looks like it would still be on the near side of 6000. Can you get much out of it with overclocking?

3xH

3xH

Associate
OP
man_from_uncle said:
That is quite a drop (not what i was expecting). Not the best processor in the world, but even with an FX speed CPU looks like it would still be on the near side of 6000. Can you get much out of it with overclocking?

Yeah, CPU is a major issue

Will run some OC benches in a while, gotta go do the school run ;)

Soldato
That's lower than expected - from the early previews and one review of a guy who found one on AGP then it should be 6500+

It sits between the X850XTPE/6800Ultra and the X1800XL/7800GT

Your card is very rare - Anandtech got their hands on one but nVidia have denied it for PCI-E (and AGP initially!). It'd probably be worth something later on!

Being an engineering sample it should clock well as they tend to clock better than the retail boards

Soldato
I always thought engineering samples were "just the same" as normal ones? The only reason (i though) that engineering samples were special was in processors where they normally come multi unlocked etc?

Back
Top Bottom