I've been conned on eBay ! :(

Soldato
The one you link to does state that it's for information only.

However, if the one you bidded on was removed you should be able to get your money back.

Talk to eBay, and good luck :)

Soldato
morba - he didn't realise he was bidding on an information link, which I can agree isn't completely obvious from the listing.

I'd be interested to see how the OP gets on with this.

Associate
If its exactly the same description as the one you bidded on, I dont know if you'll have an y luck getting your money back. The seller states its for information only.

Guess you'll know to read it a bit better next time, there's so many of these auctions going around.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Soldato
Stephen7372 said:
look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-O2-pay-as-...480093690QQcategoryZ29779QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:rolleyes:

Its for info only apparently, this is a similar auction to the one I bid on unfortunately the one I bid on has been removed so I can't even neg him :mad:

I paid by PayPal what do you think the chances of getting my money back :eek:

It depends on the terms of the item you actually bid on. If it is similar to the one shown then technically it isn't fraud as under the advertising he has put:

This is a sale for information and the information is 100% genuine. The information will be emailed to the winning bidder within 24 hours of receipt of payment.

I'm afraid there's not much eBay will do. Unfortunately it seems to be getting fairly common on that site.

Caporegime
stokefan said:
morba - he didn't realise he was bidding on an information link, which I can agree isn't completely obvious from the listing.

I'd be interested to see how the OP gets on with this.

it clearly says that its a link and the information is available for free if you look hard enough.

Suspended
EBAY said:
*TERMS OF BUSINESS AND TRADING

Please bid with confidence!! However, non-paying bidders will be given negative feedback and reported to ebay without any hesitation. The non paying bidder format could lead to your removal from ebay and you would be barred from any future ebay account opening so please don't waste my time as well as yours! This is a sale for information and the information is 100% genuine. The information will be emailed to the winning bidder within 24 hours of receipt of payment. Once you have this information you will have access to these 99p sim cards: and all you have to pay (for 20 sim cards) is £19.80 (99p per sim) and nothing else. P&P is totally free. These sims normally retail at £9.99 from O2! you will be getting 20 for the price of 2!!! You can order as many sims as you like! You arnt limited to 20 sims. You will buy your sims directly from the O2 website with this special link. It is a special offer permanently open and given to a select group of people. Please ask any questions prior to bidding. See my feedback from other happy customers!! However, non-paying bidders will be given negative feedback and reported to ebay without any hesitation so please don't waste my time as well as yours! You must agree to these terms prior to bidding.

:rolleyes: read before you buy

Soldato
Hmms reminds me of a link my mate sent me for a sony viao laptop,which at first look,looked like a bargain then in the small print just said its for information where to buy only.
some poor geezer had bid £380 :eek: on it!

so basically the up shot is always read stuff carefully on ebay always some **** trying to rip people off :(

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Morba said:
it clearly says....if you look hard enough.

Oxymoron?

The problem with auctions like that is that yes it does state it, but the rest of the auction is convicing you that its the real object. Auctions like that should be banned because they are so misleading.

Suspended
M0T said:
Oxymoron?

The problem with auctions like that is that yes it does state it, but the rest of the auction is convicing you that its the real object. Auctions like that should be banned because they are so misleading.

yes but you should read it all anyway , what if theres a auction saying

pc for sale

amd 64 3000
1gb ram
80gb hdd
ect

upon reading that you decide to click the buy it now of £200...
later to read on and find it says

* please note *
that this item is sold as faulty and does not work please keep this in mind before bidding.

now if you would have read it all you would have not bid , which is the same to the OP it is not there fault if you cant be bothered to read the whole description

Soldato
M0T said:
Oxymoron?

True, the entire build up completely suggests you are actually buying the sims. unfortunately, with it being such a long listing, I doubt many people have the patience to actually read the whole thing. He goes on for four paragraphs just telling you about the deal you get on the sim cards.

If the world were just, you'd get your money back. But it isn't, so I doubt you will. I'm rooting for you though, good luck.

Soldato
Sanzy said:
yes but you should read it all anyway , what if theres a auction saying

pc for sale

amd 64 3000
1gb ram
80gb hdd
ect

upon reading that you decide to click the buy it now of £200...
later to read on and find it says

* please note *
that this item is sold as faulty and does not work please keep this in mind before bidding.

now if you would have read it all you would have not bid , which is the same to the OP it is not there fault if you cant be bothered to read the whole description

The crucial difference here however, is that the auction is explicitly designed to deceive people. I mean, why rattle on for so long? and why stress (twice) that non-paying bidders will be reported and follow it with a threat of ebay account deletion. (is that a word?) and somewhere in the fine print between reported to ebay and reported to ebay, you'll find "information only". He obviously had run ins with ebay and non-paying bidders before.

anyways..

Back
Top Bottom