Some Help with my Silverstone Temjin 05 pls

Soldato
Ok i love this case its a big as a house and has some nice features. But the only thing i am disapointed with is the instructions that come with it. To say they are poor is an understatement.

Basically all u get is a fold out peice of paper with some pictures on and a booklet telling you how to setup ** Thermal LCD display. Comming from an Antec Sonata which has a brilliant manual i am a bit annoyed to say the least.

All I really need is some instructions for the huge bunch of cables comming from the front panel. For instance i have a cable for the 1394 firewire which is fine but also on this same cable is a ton of little other sockets etc, hard to describe will take a picture of it later tonight. And addmitadly the cables are labelled but some of the abbreviations mean nothing to me :mad:

So either my booklet for the cables has been left out or they don't supply it, I have written to Silverstone and hope to get a reply soon, but i wondered if any other Silverstone Temjin 05 owners have sorted this problem?

Thanks

Soldato
The ports will be for a one plug solution on the motherboard, or lots of little ones branching off if the motherboard uses a non standard connection design.

The motherboard manual is the gospel for all of this, not really silverstone.

Every motherboard is different, so to cover ALL the motherboards in a manual with the Ss it really would be big. Although they could have done the most standard connection I agree.

Fold out sheets are used by most of the companies.

Soldato
OP
Well maybe i was spoiled then with my Antec Sonata. Also I have a cable going into my front panel with a metal ring on it and a white connector (the metal ring is much like the ones that attach to the mobo for grounding) any idea what this is for? I will take a picture later to make it clearer.

Soldato
Yeh that one needs a pic to be cleared up.

It might be for grounding the front panel, seen as its what you thought it was for.

But pics would be helpful, so im on the same page as you!

Associate
AFK, I hate to be alarmist or offer you the benifit of my own stupidity! But take extra care that you plug in all those little b******s correctly, especially the firewire, I say this because I recently made a mistake and got two plugs the wrong way round, ended up killing the sockets on two external hard drives before I spotted what the problem was, :eek: and believe me, the effect was instant.

Best of luck. ;)

PS: If there's one thing I hate above all else when setting up a new system it's those plugs, such a relief when you have just a single one, I say screw those with non-standerd MBs :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom