20" monitor for gaming

Associate
Well after getting my hands slapped for hi-jacking a thread (and rightly so) thought it best to post another thread. Have checked to see the current posts and nothing really answers the question I want.

Whats the best monitor to get for gaming for under £500 (inc vat) since this covers off larger than 19" (and there are a lot of threads discussing which 19 to go for which I read over). Looking about it seems that the best for that price is 20" which encompasses various models on this site:

Belinea 102035W
BenQ FP202W 8ms
Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW
Viewsonic VA2012W

From looking at the TFTCentral website if you go through the selector of stuff I want (dvi/gaming/widescreen) out pops the Dell. However, in reading reviews on here there are some complaints about the backlight bleeding issues.

I did read the review from Frank Butcher on the site and he was very impressed with it with a slight backlight issue but he wasnt overly concerned.

So I put it out to the experts: Bite the bullet, Change my options or wait for (insert new funky product that is just about to come out where appropriate).

Caporegime
BenQ and Viewsonic are TN panels, personally if i am going to spent this much, i wouldn't settle for a TN panel. That leaves the Dell and Belinea, Dell has the infamous backlight bleeds and more expensive, and the Belinea has a newer P-MVA panel so Belinea wins on this one.

I am waiting for the new viewsonic 2025 and Dell 2007 to come out personally, at least a spec sheet/release date from them.

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

It seems the 'new' Philips 200w6cs/00 (the '00' version [response time = 8ms]) has a MVA panel, but that's not yet been confirmed.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

The Belinea seems the best buy as the BenQ and Philips that are in rare supply use the same panel but tend to cost approx £100 more....

Associate
OP
Goddam you overclockers *shakes fist*. After this mail and me thinking I have a solution you fire up a few new monitors! oh noes.

Acer AL2032WA
Philips 200W6CS (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17528270&page=1)

How dare you muddy the waters of my already muddy water. Reading the forums people seem quite impressed with the Philips spec's so does this change things?

On another note, might it be an idea to sticky discussions on 19" and 20" monitors as it seems every day there are posts asking the same things (well there are about 19)?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
we already have a pretty massive sticky about 19" and 20" monitors and i update it quite a lot. However, we obviously cant include all the monitors but anything new and popular with plenty of info soon goes in there :)

Back
Top Bottom